Do wind deflectors work ???? >

Do wind deflectors work ????

Notices

Do wind deflectors work ????

Old 11-26-2005, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 406 Likes on 181 Posts
Default Do wind deflectors work ????

I am thinking about putting wind deflectors on my 28 Pantera has anybody put these on a Pantera before and how well do they work?
Old 11-26-2005, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Do wind deflectors work ????

I did, i used the longer ones from Livorsi. It didn't stop all the wind but they were better than having nothing.........
Old 11-26-2005, 07:42 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I built two for my boat and as previously mentioned, "didn't stop all the wind but they were better than having nothing."
We use to get pummeled without them. They are 1.5" tall and removable (so I didn't have to modify my fairly new cockpit cover).
Excuse the quality of the photo.
Attached Thumbnails Do wind deflectors work ????-portside-deflector.jpg  
Old 11-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to www.windaway.com
I bought a pair of these for my Nordic and they work great......I am thinking of buying myself a 3rd one for the center of the windshild....
Cool thing about these are that they are clear so people have to get real close to ya before they see that you have them......
Old 11-26-2005, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't put one in the middle, it will deflect the wind off of it, right at you and the passenger.............
Old 11-26-2005, 08:59 AM
RHC
Registered

No they do not work well,,, I had 3 of them and the wind will come in between them when the angle of attack is just right,,, I took them off and made a small Plexi glass wind screen ,,, it looks good and works well ,,, can sit down and drive with a ball cap on ,,, and ,,, it will not blow off!! A little more work ,, but worth it ,,, Plus ,,, anything above 30 mph and the flaps will fly up in your face when your not expecting it..

RHC
Old 11-26-2005, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatingbent
Go to www.windaway.com
I bought a pair of these for my Nordic and they work great......I am thinking of buying myself a 3rd one for the center of the windshild....
Cool thing about these are that they are clear so people have to get real close to ya before they see that you have them......
i did the same thing and they do work good i have tested them to 70 a little afraid to go any faster i loaned one to my brother so he could have three on his boat on a trip and he said it worked good we are going to split a pair so we will have three each
Old 11-26-2005, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 22 Posts

my home made ones work awesome.....wouldnt be without them
Attached Thumbnails Do wind deflectors work ????-dsc00495.jpg   Do wind deflectors work ????-dsc00505.jpg  
Old 11-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

I have a 2 new ones from Cig. they are on ebay right now, they are white. Ebay item # 4592361890 thanks,Steve.

Last edited by Nykamp; 11-26-2005 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:23 PM
Registered

Talking Re: Do wind deflectors work ????

I just posted the same question,I built my own wind defectors for my 38 formula.I have not been able to post the pictures but I will try this week.(computer Prob).The wind deflectors cost me about 80.00 to make with brackets dont wast your money.I went to lowes and bought plexi glass and then went to boaters world and got stainless brackets with a 10 degree angle with quik release pins,to take on and off for canvas.Simple pimple and they work!The brackets are for bimini top ect.Drilled holes in plexi glass and used a block of wood to follow contour of dash board and trace outline onto masonite(template) then transferred to plexi.Jigsaw and sanded edges done!They dont look like an abortion well to me anyway.

Quick Reply: Do wind deflectors work ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.