Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO Captains - how many hours a year do you log on your offshore boat ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/117361-oso-captains-how-many-hours-year-do-you-log-your-offshore-boat.html)

satisfactionII 11-28-2005 08:49 PM

Re: OSO Captains - how many hours a year do you log on your offshore boat ?

150 hours this year, early March and possibly another weekend or so still to go. Last year I got about 300 hours, but the boat was new to me and fuel was much cheaper. :D

yesrej 11-28-2005 09:26 PM

wow i put 100 on it this year and i thought that was alot. im at 220 now and trying to think of a way to slow it down some so i can get a descent amount when i sell

GLH 11-28-2005 09:58 PM

100-125 in the 6 month we can use it.

Couple PR down south also

docmanrich37 11-28-2005 10:07 PM

About 100 hrs. but didn't boat at least 6wks. of the summer.Apr.-Sept. season.

Cap206 11-28-2005 10:17 PM

Don't have offshore,but put 260hr on my b/r.mostly IL.river,but we did go to Ky.lake and shellbyville.I get the boat out may 1 and put away nov.15. I already miss it.

fatdaddy 11-28-2005 10:32 PM

Avg. 15? yr. over the last 3yrs. That's the reason I decided to sell. Thinking of going w/ a Concept.

JJONES 11-28-2005 10:33 PM

All year round and about 200hrs!About twice a month when ive saved up enough gas money! :D

glassdave 11-28-2005 10:58 PM

great thread Bob. i usually put about 100-150 hours on the boat and this year i inistalled a new GPS mid july. it was showing about 1500mi when i put the boat away for the winter so i'm guessin about 2000 mi for the season. i generally spend 2 or 3 nights a week on the boat in the summer. up here ya gotta take it when ya can get it :drink: . . . . . .winter sux! :(

Edward R. Cozzi 11-28-2005 11:03 PM

When I lived in Chicago with the short season I averaged between 40-50 hours a season. May 15 to October 15.

Now in South Florida I can boat all year 'round and I do about 100 to 120 hours a year.

Bobthebuilder 11-28-2005 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave
great thread Bob. i usually put about 100-150 hours on the boat and this year i inistalled a new GPS mid july. it was showing about 1500mi when i put the boat away for the winter so i'm guessin about 2000 mi for the season. i generally spend 2 or 3 nights a week on the boat in the summer. up here ya gotta take it when ya can get it :drink: . . . . . .winter sux! :(

I bet half your hours are going to and from Put in Bay !!! Had a blast there first week in August. Made some great friends out of Toledo and Cleveland. We joke about going there once a month next summer instead of once during the summer. We will be back !! :D