Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO Captains - how many hours a year do you log on your offshore boat ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/117361-oso-captains-how-many-hours-year-do-you-log-your-offshore-boat.html)

rouxsterre 11-28-2005 11:35 PM

Re: OSO Captains - how many hours a year do you log on your offshore boat ?

So far, since '03, a little over a hunny/per.
Be careful - your hours spin up with each hour the ignition is on. At least on my boat ( Fountain ) . . . Mine shows around 30hrs over actual "engine" hours. . . . I was kinda surprised.

Andy0331 11-29-2005 12:23 AM

Where's the "Not Enough" option?

About 40hrs last year (lot of dry time with upgrades)

About 15 hours this year (lot of BS repairs)

Too many hours in the office making money; I can afford to boat, but don't have enough time.

Just got the Cig last month, I hope to get much more use out of it next year. (I better, dammit!) :drink:

Maybe I should be a "project guy" like Fred, just fix 'em & sell 'em :D Using them is over-rated, right? ;)

oblvnxprs 11-29-2005 05:46 AM

The question was LOG not, how many hours a year do you spend sitting on your boat sipping cocktails at the marina.
I put 80 hours on last year and only 48 this year. due to work I had to winterize my boat on August 10th, it was nearly 95 degree I was NOT a happy camper.
as Mirage 36 pointed out boating isnt cheap and I didn't marry a millionare so I had to go back to work.:( :(

Spicy 11-29-2005 05:49 AM

Avg. of about 80 hours a year..... Not bad, usually we have limited days in April and October, but use the boat every weekend May through September.. :evilb: :evilb:

muffman 11-29-2005 05:55 AM

1hr and that was memorial day my wife and I had our second child about a week later. I was able to do some upgrades though thru out the summer so I can't wait till next season. We usually put 30 or so on it a season but we spend a lot of time floatin on the rafts with a cold beverage. :D

offshoredrillin 11-29-2005 06:33 AM

just over 60 this year, I'm sure I'll get 100 next year.

Airpacker 11-29-2005 06:55 AM

79 this summer. I average around 75 to 80 per season. I have just shy of 400hrs on my 2000 Daytona now. Of course, thats 4 drives and one engine rebuild worth of hours. Don't ya just love boats :)

Bob, I can't imagine your fuel bill. Probably somewhere near the GDP of a small country!

Bobthebuilder 11-29-2005 08:41 AM

Bob, I can't imagine your fuel bill. Probably somewhere near the GDP of a small country![/QUOTE]

Ya, If Wendy can't continue to support my lifestyle I may have to go build homes again !! LOL :D

Being an owner yourself you know fuel is only part of it. Insurance, hauling, oil changes every 25 hrs or so, storage,
engine and drive rebuilds from time to time .......etc. :mad:

Can we fix it ?? ......... Yes we can !!
Well not exactly me .... Double R, Nor Tech, Page Racing et al.

Dave M 11-29-2005 09:04 AM

76 for me this year.

R Addiction 11-29-2005 09:57 AM

right around fifty a season.......april to october depending on the weather. :rolleyes: