Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hurricane Season is over!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/117463-hurricane-season-over.html)

gdfatha 11-30-2005 11:22 AM

Re: Hurricane Season is over!!!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Ok Ok..IT"S OVER!!!!!!!

Let the new season begin with remembering the enjoyment and beauty of this sport.. :D

CigDaze 11-30-2005 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by KLAATU
I've been dealing with these things for years .But 4 or 5 days of shear terror are still better than 7 to 8 mo's of COLD ,rain,snow , blizzard's , ice storms , hail, traffic jam's due to all the above on a daily basis ,spring tornadoes, heat bill's out the wazzoo ,wet news papers ,loss of work, due to (see above ).Unexpected Pot hole's ,No grilling out fish every other nite . No swimming , No boating , no laughing ,no smiling ,NO FUN OF ANY ..... KIND !!!! Whew Kinda' makes me home sick . :D

Reminds me of where I grew up. But you forgot to mention: 5 months of depressing gray skies, pissed off people, frozen pipes and plumbing, snowdrifts 10' deep, chopping wood, black bears knocking on your door, shoveling snow, 8 layers of clothes, freezing cold steering wheels, 15 minutes to warm up a car, plugging in the diesel, black ice, road crevases, snow chains, dirty disgusting brown salty sht everywhere, lifeless scenery, 6 hours of daylight, etc., etc.

:D :D :D

Dean Ferry 11-30-2005 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Smitty
After going thru Wilma, my inlaws have decided to move back to Illinois. Anybody looking for a nice ranch house with a pool in Sebastian Fl. minutes to the river?? Let me know.

It is a brand new house on a double lot and sustained no damage, but their nerves are frazzled for sure !!!!

Seb. inlet is about 35 miles south of our house. Nice and quiet, really a undiscovered area of Fl. :D
I think it takes a certain mentality to deal with the annual hurricane STRESS in SE US Coast! We just keep our Hurricane kit updated very spring, and hope for the best, and plan for the worst.
Makes it worth it when we go boating on New years day! Got to start the new year out right foot! :D
Dean

CigDaze 11-30-2005 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by KLAATU
Medikan' boy ! :evilb:

Now, that's just plain hilarious!!!
:D :D

Jassman 12-31-2005 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by open72
going to take more than 2 years.......

You got that right, more like 2 years just to get all the old cars, old buildings, trailers just off the sides of the road, maybe they will start in January, kick off the new year right :rolleyes:

open87 12-31-2005 06:13 PM

i'm thinking of going past the old hood once i/10 is open...from what i heard, it's all about gone... what a summer ending....... take care...

Jassman 12-31-2005 06:57 PM

I heard next week temporarly, not much left from there to here, positive side, in 5 hours its a new year :rolleyes: :drink: