Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who has stuffed a boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/11748-who-has-stuffed-boat.html)

Ron P 01-25-2003 11:57 PM

Great find Puder. Interesting the second time around.

puder 01-26-2003 01:52 AM

it would appear searace brought it back up.

GO4BROKE 01-26-2003 07:41 AM

I stuffed my 31 Sonic on Lake Ontario. Playing in 5-6' waves spaced fairly close, I got a little heavy on the throttle, having a blast when I realized I was looking at a vertical wall of water about 10-12' all by itself. Smashed straight into it, luckily I swallowed most of the water so no worries about sinking!:fish: Ontario frequently has rogue waves, often in groups of 3 known as the 3 sisters. They sneak up on you when you have a rythem going and the trim and tabs perfect. Helps you remember who is really in control-the lake!:p

Back4More 01-26-2003 11:08 AM

**** happens now and then:p

WARPAINT 01-26-2003 04:52 PM

DELAWARE BAY
31 CHRIS CRAFT STINGER
6 TO 8 FOOTERS
FOLLOWING SEA
30 TO 35MPH
3 OF US ON THE SUNPAD LYING DOWN
1 OF US GETS WASHED INTO THE BAY AS WE GO FACE FIRST INTO A 6 FOOT WALL OF WATER.BROKEN WINDSHIELD.BROKEN PRIDE.MY FATHER AND BROTHER RETRIEVED ME FROM THE BAY AND CONTINUED OUR TRIP BACK HOME.

LESSON LEARNED....NO PASSENGERS ON SUNPAD WHILE UNDERWAY.

2. WHILE IN A FOLLOWING SEA, ROLL OVER THEM AT AN ANGLE, NOT DEAD ON!

Roger 1 01-26-2003 05:04 PM

I stuffed a 18 foot Wriedt Stinger jet boat behind a barge on the llinois river about 25 years ago. A real submarine job. I saved it though, as I popped back up, I hit the throttle and the bilge pump at the same time. I saved the boat but the chips were ruined and it removed all 7 coats of makeup from the chick setting in the back seat.....0 points for that one!

IDRPSTF 01-26-2003 05:09 PM

Stuffed a 38 Top Gun... It hurt...Big seas...At night...No questions please!

turbo2256 01-27-2003 07:09 AM

This happened years ago. A friend just got his first boat. It was a 16 or 18 foot Evenrude Sportsman. There were 4 or 5 of us on board. We were out all day drinking and I was showing him how to surff and jump wakes. We were all around 21,22 and fearless.
We were running around the Indian River. I was sitting in the passenger seat front looking towards the stern conversing with the guy behind me. Suddenly his eyes got real big and his jaw dropped. I turned around to see a 12 to 14 foot wave comming over the bow. The owner with no experence was frozen at the wheel and throttle. We were only about half way up the wave as the boat punched through. His being frozen at the wheel saved us through the first one. Water rushed across the bow up over the wind shield and as it closed in on us from above and on the sides we broke through. Water never entered the boat. It was like driving a convertable fas in the rain the wave hit the rear foot of the engine hatch. Upon regaining some composer. I see we are headed out the inlet we are in 12 to 14 foot extremly steep waves with about 1 to 3 foot of white cap at the top of the curl and quite close spacing. I am at that point looking for nearest nearest shore. Rock walls on each side thinking of all the sharks I had hunted in this area with bang sticks. We are headed into the next wave my friend is starting to throttle back and says he is going to turn around. I yell NOooo and reach across and grab the wheel pulling it back strait and screaming hammer it. Thank God he does and the boat actually passes through that wave almost gracefully. The owner looks at me I tell him this is it we cant turn around untill we get way passed the inlet and break walls unless there is a wave missing. Well with me controling the wheel from the passenger seat yelling at the owner when to get in and out of the throttle we punched and ran through a few more waves. Coming out of the backside I noticed a gapp in the waves quickly turned the wheel had him hit the gas caught the next wave and hooked into it surfing it back inside the inlet. Into what is called the sun parlor. Were we shut the engine off and droped anchor pulled out what was left of our beer. Poped the tops just staired at each other for a bit before moving on. The next day my friend took his dad out in the boat and the engine blew up. I was blamed for it

Dean Ferry 01-27-2003 07:21 AM

I've stuffed my Checkmate, in the Pacific Ocean, just outside the breakwater jetty in Long Beach, I stuffed my Eliminator in the Gulf of Mex. near Destin, and stuffed my Velocity in the Atlantic Ocean, near the Cocoa Beach Pier. No damage from any of them, usually a case of TOO small of a boat for the water conditions.
MD

Shane 01-27-2003 08:15 AM

Madcow,

Thanks for posting the picture of the boat! That is the one I stuffed in Key West in 1996. Haven't looked at the album in a long time. Gonna go home and look through some old photos!