Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   28' Skater running 117mph in Havasu (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/117556-28-skater-running-117mph-havasu.html)

yahoo 12-09-2005 08:03 AM

Re: 28' Skater running 117mph in Havasu

Ocean Outboard still has some 280's I think.

What did you have diamond do to your motors ?
How much HP did it increase ?

Curtis

charlie 28 12-09-2005 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by yahoo
Ocean Outboard still has some 280's I think.

What did you have diamond do to your motors ?
How much HP did it increase ?

Curtis

Diamond has a package called (river race engine)exhaust ports ,tuner, intake spacer,breakin,and dyno test.The motor's made 332h.p. and 327h.p. at the powerhead.I have 4 seasons on these motors wich equals 150 hours.

charlie 28 12-09-2005 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Charlie, when is the first Hot Toddy this year?

The Hot toddy is alway's the end of the season.This year will be the 10th annual.

39NAS-T 12-09-2005 10:46 AM

Ocean Outboards still has 2.5!!! That is the motor to go with I think. Everyone says that the boats are better balanced with them and you can get spair long blocks and if something happens flip them over. I think that is really cool. Plus when warranty is out mod em up. Charlie do you like the engines that you have whould you do anything different on your next batch?
Hunter

yahoo 12-09-2005 12:45 PM

The 280's are real easy to work on, you can take the powerhead off in about 2hrs.

Charlie when you say tuner, did you dry stack your tuners ?

Curtis

JCPERF 12-09-2005 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by charlie 28
The Hot toddy is alway's the end of the season.This year will be the 10th annual.

We need one at the beginning of the summer too :drink:

Havasu Cig 12-09-2005 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by charlie 28
Congrats on 117 mph.Thats a great number,play with the set up more you'll squeeze out some more.Play around with heights and props.skaterjim boat runs the best out of 300x 28 skater. He puts in a lot time playing with his.

Thanks, The boat definitely has more in it with less weight on board and some more dialing in on the set-up. Gongrats on your boat as well, 126mph is a great number for a 28' O/B cat.

mmwalters 12-09-2005 05:34 PM

When you guys talk about set up, I assume you are talking mostly about motor height and prop testing? Is the fastest set up having the motor as high as possible with safe water pressure or is lower sometimes faster?

charlie 28 12-10-2005 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by 39NAS-T
Ocean Outboards still has 2.5!!! That is the motor to go with I think. Everyone says that the boats are better balanced with them and you can get spair long blocks and if something happens flip them over. I think that is really cool. Plus when warranty is out mod em up. Charlie do you like the engines that you have whould you do anything different on your next batch?
Hunter

The motors are great the way Diamond did them.The motors are very reliable.They shift smooth,as long as you have them adjusted properly.There great in the rough,and fly in the flat.I wouldn't change anything maybe if Diamond could squeeze alittle more out each.

charlie 28 12-10-2005 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by mmwalters
When you guys talk about set up, I assume you are talking mostly about motor height and prop testing? Is the fastest set up having the motor as high as possible with safe water pressure or is lower sometimes faster?

The higher you go the faster you go,you have to increase diameter of prop, and make sure you have safe water pressure.Cant do that with 300x below 10lbs. motor goes into gardian. Also toe in or out.make sure the motors are square that kind of stuff.you'll notice speed increase.