Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New Raylar 496 engine exchange program? >

New Raylar 496 engine exchange program?

Notices

New Raylar 496 engine exchange program?

Old 12-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Raylar 496 engine exchange program?

In the latest issue of Powerboat I see that Raylar has a new ad on p. 27 about a new engine exchange program. I went to the website, but couldn't find any info about what's involved with the exchange. Does anybody have any info? Hp? Tq? Exchange cost? That's a very nice looking engine in the ad and also on their website.

Check it out.

www.raylarengine.com
Old 12-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Registered

Default Re: New Raylar 496 engine exchange program?

Anyone?
Old 12-07-2005, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up Re: New Raylar 496 engine exchange program?

Harper 220

Sorry for the delayed response. I have been in Orlando, Florida for the Performance Racing Show since Wednesday.
What an awesome trade show again this year! If you will email me at [email protected] I will email you the price sheets on our new 496 engine exchange program.
We are in the process of adding this infor to the website but we have so much in process that there are only so many hours in a day. We are also putting the finishing touches on our new 600 cubic inch 496 based engine with our new IR manifold injection. We are on the dyno with it later this week and after some durability runs and thrashing we expect it to produce somewhere between 725 - 750Hp and close to 900 ft/lbs of torque with a 5500 rpms revlimit and have a docile idle at 650-700rpms. and yes run on 89 octane pump gas!!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 12-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ray if you could email me to on the Exchange Program I'd appreciate it.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:58 PM
Registered

Ray, after installing the entire bp103 system, does it make the engine sound any different with the increased compression and cam change? What I'm getting at is: Does it sound any meaner??
Old 12-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

600 CID and 1.25HP/CID is a believable 750HP, but 900 TQ- I have to see the dyno sheets. It does sound like quite a package.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Has anyone ordered any of these. Looks awesome. Any dyno sheets. Thanks Jeff
Old 04-13-2006, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are people gonna do about drives once the upgrades are done ?
Old 04-13-2006, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw in powerboat, something like 16,000 for the 600hp motor, they send you a motor, you take the stuff off yours send them back yours you get 1700 credit, or something close. about 1500 less for the 525hp one
Old 04-13-2006, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up Re: New Raylar 496 engine exchange program?

Looks like I need to answer some questions here.

First, we are updating our website now and it will have a ton of new information and pricing. We just put a higher priority on getting product ready than the website updated. There are only so many hours in the day.

Our exchange engine program works like this. Got a 496 thats broken or in need of overhaul or major horsepower increase for 600HP and above then this is a simple quick program designed to take time and hassle out of upgrading a complete 496 engine. We ship a new motor in a special protective crate, you or your shop transfers all the accessories and such, you drop in the new package 2 or 3 days and return your old shortblock only for core credit in the same special container. Whola!, simple, quick and painless and very affordable. Kind of a no brainer!
It is designed for a two fold purpose. When we talked to a lot of boaters and shop owners we heard from most of them that pulling motors for exchange or overhaul is too slow and ties up shop or the boat stroage too long. Second, the availability of good savy marine engine shops in many regions of the country and world is slim and none. This is why shipping a completely blueprinted and assembled motor with our heads, internals and systems installed works. The new pricing for this program is available and will be up on the website shortly, also remember our toll free (866) 496-8181 number is only a keypad away!

Second, the new Raylar HO725 is actually a 765HP motor. We've been back to the dyno with a little bit better camshaft and some newly refined fuel and spark progamming and came away with 8-10 hard 200rpm/persec calibrated, corrected pulls at 765HP, so I guess were going to have to rename it the HO750!

Raylar has just set up a program with Konrad on their ACE drive package and we feel this is the perfect combination of motor and drive for this 700-800HP range of motor. We feel that Konrad's drive package combined with the BAM Cyborg or Huber transmission is probably the most reliable -proven drive package currently in use and available for delivery outside of Merc's #6's which carry a price tag of twice as much.
Raylar has a few of our new HO750's on order and in build and there should be a few in a couple of boats in a month or so after rigging. We are the new guys here in this market but we will transition from this "newby" stage to a mainstream company that develops and brings to market the one of the most significant ,naturally aspirated, marine engine packages the high performance boat world has been offering for some time.

I won't discuss actual pricing here only to say that when the boaters who are shopping for complete ready to run fresh water cooled electronic 700HP + motor and drive packages to spec on their boats see the approximate $50-60K cost of our 750HP+ entire package they will realize the significant savings involved as well as the longer engine life benefits of a naturally aspirated motor and the big torque benefits of a large dispalcement motor. For those boaters who are considering this type of power do your due diligance and "homework" and I think you will see what I am talking about here.

We also have a new 496 high horsepower kit coming to market that when used on a Raylar Signature engine will again offer boaters significant horsepower for reasonable cost and simplicity. Can you say T U R B O! More Later! The crazy engine scientists at Raylar have to go back to the lab now!

Just some ramblings here from one of the crazy guys!

Ray @ Raylar

Quick Reply: New Raylar 496 engine exchange program?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.