Notices

What a shame

Old 12-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default What a shame

http://www.yachtauctions.com/detail.asp?stockNo=12790

How do you mess up an Outerlimits this fast?

Based on the description I think $ 269 is too high IMHO

Wannabe
Old 12-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 339 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Re: What a shame

That boat is sold. It was a National Marine boat. The new owner is trying to sell the engines on OSO.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-7781.html

The funny thing is the national marine ad says that one of the engines need to be rebuilt. The ad on OSO classifieds says:

"Description:
These motors are have approx 20 hours, run, idle, and shift well."

I called about these engines about a week ago and the owner didn't say a word about one of them needing anything. I did a little research and found this add, then called the owner back and referanced this ad saying that one needed to be rebuilt. He then admitted that one of the engines had a "knock" in it of unknown origin, but that it wasn't blown.

I then did some digging and found an ex-National marine machanic who knows the boat. He said that the one engine was BLOWN UP, and that the other was running but was junk. He said wouldn't give 10K for the pair because they were built with Junk that Cobra had laying around.

Who knows what the truth is but the ad on OSO seems deceptive to me. In his defense he bought the boat sight unseen and is yet to take delivery of it. National Liquidators may be feeding him a line of chit about the condition of the engines. Either way, whomever buys these engines could very well end up with a pile of junk.