Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Proposed Offshore Ralley - Only those serious about participating (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/117794-proposed-offshore-ralley-only-those-serious-about-participating.html)

GLH 12-05-2005 02:52 PM

Re: Proposed Offshore Ralley - Only those serious about participating

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
each person must show proof of insurance at registration, boat have to pass for safety, lifeline or equivilant vests, current mounted or handheld gps.

As soon has you do a log your liable insurance wise... not only for the boats but also everyone in them.

I have researched this and this is why on our fun-runs up here there is, no-log, no verifying of insurance, no fees and no supervising entity. Just a bunch of like minded boaters going for a ride from one place to the other.

Edward R. Cozzi 12-05-2005 02:53 PM

I volunteer to perform the safety inspections on the participating vessels and will help to make each boat as seaworthy as possible.
Ed Cozzi

Airpacker 12-05-2005 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
each person must show proof of insurance at registration, boat have to pass for safety, lifeline or equivilant vests, current mounted or handheld gps.

Rob, as soon as someone takes on the responsibility of checking any of that, they are deemed the"organizer" and are now liable for all participants. Our boat club carries a directors and officers liability policy year round for just that reason. It is our biggest expense every season. :(

offshoredrillin 12-05-2005 03:07 PM

wow, didnt know that guys scratch that idea...:D

mwdill 12-05-2005 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Rob, as soon as someone takes on the responsibility of checking any of that, they are deemed the"organizer" and are now liable for all participants. Our boat club carries a directors and officers liability policy year round for just that reason. It is our biggest expense every season. :(

glad you told us that :eek:

BBB725 12-05-2005 03:35 PM

It should be set up as an LLC with volunteers, no employees, will release the people from liability, I helped set it up for our poker run committee. Oshkosh Thunder

onesickpantera 12-05-2005 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by BBB725
It should be set up as an LLC with volunteers, no employees, will release the people from liability, I helped set it up for our poker run committee. Oshkosh Thunder

That's a great idea! I would look into this.

375stinger 12-05-2005 07:54 PM

when woudl it happen? summer? i hate to say it but....the winner gona be one of them big power ap@ches..........................

CBR 12-06-2005 06:52 AM

Even if 1/3 of the poll participants show up, this should work.

Making some calls today. I am expecting this will be a done deal for the late spring or early summer of 2006. Oh yeah, adding a class for my boat....under 60 MPH, under 35 foot Vs!

thedonz 12-06-2005 07:47 AM

Location ? Is It Going To Be Fort To Bimini

Jr Mike