Worlds QUIETEST 36 Nor-Tech!!!!!!!!! >

Worlds QUIETEST 36 Nor-Tech!!!!!!!!!

Notices

Worlds QUIETEST 36 Nor-Tech!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2005, 06:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: Worlds QUIETEST 36 Nor-Tech!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=Audiofn]This is great for offshore boating as a hole. First of all it shows that against comming thoughts about us we do care about other people on the water. It shows that we are not just a huge group of ego maniacs. This is HUGE for public perception about us. The more that we can get the word out about systems like this the better we all look. Lets face it peoples complaints about our boats is not the speed (although they use that as a way around things), it is the noise. We may like the noise but most people do not. Do we really want to piss off everyone on the water tell they enact regulations like they apear to be doing in NH, have in Lake George, and are talking about in many many lakes all over the US? I am willing to bet that if every one of our boats had a system like this on them that most of these laws would never have come into play.

Well put, those damn cigarette boats You could be going 40-50mph, but perception to the public cause of the noise might as well say we were doing 80-120 all the time. I personally prefer some quiet at speeds above 60mph especially if the performance is not effected.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racesdad
Mti Did Similar On Tommy Bahama

And on GC Motorsports.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:33 AM
VP
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a GREAT -- our club (SPBA) has been struggling with the noise law as well -- Even after working with the local Sheriff's department, and testing all our club member's boats, and passing the shore test, one of our members with a 350 merc powered Pontoon got a "Disturbing the Peace" ticket issued to him because of one of those do-gooders on the lake that hates us --- this may just be the Fix for all --

Excellent design -- i have tested a number of concepts myself, but had not thought of the 1" vent above the water line for off-plane mode - that right there is the secret -- Excellent Innovation !!!!!!

One possible concern however - I have a 2001 single engine Fountain with a new 2005 XR drive -- After the new drive was installed, I had blowout so bad that the boat would NOT even get on plane -- I even tried a 5 -Blade -- ended up fixing the problem by adding a 1/2" spacer and removing the drive shower --

My point (or concern) is the sensitivity of a Bravo style drive with this exhaust exiting directly in front of the prop, and our props beinig closer to the stern than with the number 6 that you tested ---- that along with the high X-dimensions on some of the Fountains that makes them so sensitive to water flow and disturbance.

Just a question for everyone --- but I do love this concept - NO LOSS of PERFORMANCE - Nice Sound -- GREAT, GREAT, JOB !!!!

Last edited by VP; 12-07-2005 at 08:36 AM.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by WickedWon
Notice How The Fastest Boats Are No longer The Loudest Boats

Many threads have been dealing with DNR boarding issues and now speed restrictions, it's pretty
obvious that the noise issue is going to drive the speed issue, and that really scares me. My wife
brought something to my attention at the last couple of poker runs with her observation that most of the
really loud boats are also slower boats. Yes we get boarded all the time on the Saber (never on the
CC ) not because it's loud, but because it's a big obnoxious yellow hotrod, it's always been part of it
and always will be. I've stopped worrying about their boots, have all the required safety eq. at the
ready, and keep a smile on my face. Almost without exception they let me know how impressed they
are with my obvious efforts to reduce the noise. It's not quiet and it's probably not legal, but it's
"reasonable" and that's much appreciated by them. I wanted very much to make one of the events at
LOTO, but after reading about SPEED LIMITS on their poker run I just about puked ! These, for the
most part "so called" offshore boats aren't good for anything but running hard, if speed limits become
prevalent, I'm done. So I think everybody better deal with the realities of today, the noise is bringing
attention to the speed, I'll take my right to run at high speed over my right to make noise anyday.
Now I'll get off my soapbox
JD
As much as Offshore noise will always be the best music available to my ears. It's still a problem to everybody else not in our community of the boating world. So on the other hand it's great to see nortech being innovative and possibly starting a trend with the other boat building companys to get a handle on the problem. Rather than congress deciding a resolution for us!!

Cougarman
Old 12-07-2005, 09:04 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

The day my high performance boat is almost as quiet as a SeaRay is the day I get out of high performance boating. No disrespect to Nor-Tech intended, I have nothing but admiration for that company.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for a the mostly positive comments on the system. You can still buy loud if you want. However I agree with Audiofn. If the boats weren't making all the noise I don't think we'd be battling speed legislation as much.
Let's face it, we're a relatively small group of boaters and if we don't do something to be more politically correct, we may run out of places to enjoy our lifestyle.
Terry
Old 12-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Talked to a guy in key west with a 43 cat, I noticed that there were no exhaust tips coming out the back, he explained the new exhaust to me. Nice guy good info
Old 12-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Terry,

What does the back of the Supercats look like with this new setup? I know the external pipes have their contour molded right into the back of the boat and if their are no pipes, is the area just left vacant or did you change it?

Thanks,

Daren
Old 12-07-2005, 11:27 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the 43 with the underwater exhaust.... terry's 36 had some cool billet covers where the exhaust used to come out at... i still think it would of been a cool place for some led's....
Attached Thumbnails Worlds QUIETEST 36 Nor-Tech!!!!!!!!!-2005_1116keywest20075.jpg   Worlds QUIETEST 36 Nor-Tech!!!!!!!!!-2005_1116keywest20072.jpg   Worlds QUIETEST 36 Nor-Tech!!!!!!!!!-2005_1116keywest20079.jpg  

Old 12-07-2005, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We changed OU to eliminate the molded exhaust ports. On the 36 we left them and replaced the pipes with grilles which gives a little more ventilation. On a new boat you can get it either way.
Not a great view but here's a pic
Attached Thumbnails Worlds QUIETEST 36 Nor-Tech!!!!!!!!!-img_0960.jpg  

Quick Reply: Worlds QUIETEST 36 Nor-Tech!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.