30 ft. Cat in rough water? >

30 ft. Cat in rough water?

Notices

30 ft. Cat in rough water?

Old 12-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Steve_H

Default Re: 30 ft. Cat in rough water?

Originally Posted by Jonas
if U are serious i am going to get a 28 - 30 ft cat wth outboards would prefer to take one on partial trade as the wife and tax issue would be iliminated!! i have a few in the cross hairs,,
the one i want ex race boat skater with full canopy guy seems got cold feet.. but there are many out there,,,
i know selling my boat or trading shouldnt be an issue..
insurance isnt bad either.
and its fast!!

this pic is at a little over 95 with 4 people in boat on the scope poker run.. still had throttle left
lets just do a straight even trade. just trying to help with the tax issues you have to bring it to loto though. dont think my pos truck could make it to Disc. Bay and back again

Old 12-07-2005, 12:48 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve_H
lets just do a straight even trade. just trying to help with the tax issues you have to bring it to loto though. dont think my pos truck could make it to Disc. Bay and back again
steve you bought one of the most fun boats you could have at loto and you want to get rid of it for some vee!!! oh the sacrilege....
Old 12-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Registered

Would be not so good for me but thanks,,, i can help with transpo,, got truck and have someone that i can pay to drive.
how fast is your boat?
what motors are on it?
just curious as i continue my hunt... thanks

Originally Posted by Steve_H
Old 12-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sean H
steve you bought one of the most fun boats you could have at loto and you want to get rid of it for some vee!!! oh the sacrilege....

you are not helping,, whos side u on?

how is the weather?
Old 12-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Steve_H

300 pro max's, mid 90's

Old 12-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We ran a Poker run earlier this year across Tampabay in bad weather, conservatively 5-7' & with no consistency. Speed2lead in his Spectre ran with us & was the only cat to make it to the hotel that night. The ride across was that bad that I broke the needle off my Livorsi Tach from the pounding. Not to start a cat verse V-hull debate, the cats either broke mounts, could't get on a plane or were swamped with water. On the way back the following day I had Speed2lead follow us & we did't think they were going to make it across the Bay. PM Speed & ask how he & his wife enjoyed the ride.In 2-3's no problem, however when it gets big & sloppy the 30 ain't big enogh to get on plane imho.
John
Old 12-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

steve the boat has to run better than that. i have a 98 30 spectre with 2003 300x's, spinning 15x32 3 blades only to 64-6500 rpms and my best was 106. full of fuel and people it'll run 99-101 everyday. peak power for the x's is 6800 rpms and my motors are deep. x is 1 9/16's which is very conservative. i've thought about a v as well because i do miss spending alot of time in the ocean but would have to be a helluva deal to convert me. if i were going to a v would have to be 32ft min and run 85 plus and even then i'd have to think long and hard. nothing like running my boat in 2-3's at 90 and not feeling a thing.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
the only way i'd go back to a v is if insurance gets any crazier. of ir i decide i'm doing more ocean running.
Nah, just get a bigger cat
Old 12-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Johno
We ran a Poker run earlier this year across Tampabay in bad weather, conservatively 5-7' & with no consistency. Speed2lead in his Spectre ran with us & was the only cat to make it to the hotel that night. The ride across was that bad that I broke the needle off my Livorsi Tach from the pounding. Not to start a cat verse V-hull debate, the cats either broke mounts, could't get on a plane or were swamped with water. On the way back the following day I had Speed2lead follow us & we did't think they were going to make it across the Bay. PM Speed & ask how he & his wife enjoyed the ride.In 2-3's no problem, however when it gets big & sloppy the 30 ain't big enogh to get on plane imho.
John

hmm maybe i should keep my boat.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by Jesse James
Steve a good friend here is wanting another spectre 30 he has had 2 previously....but is looking to trade one or some of his toys.....Condo at the condo's across from salty dog, 40 ft diesel pusher motor coach, or a 41 scb maxum motoryact any interest in any of those?
how much for the condo?
Attached Thumbnails 30 ft. Cat in rough water?-spectre.jpg  

Quick Reply: 30 ft. Cat in rough water?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.