Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Years Day Fun Run 2006!!!! - Sarasota (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118036-new-years-day-fun-run-2006-sarasota.html)

Formula Outlaw 12-13-2005 09:09 PM

Re: New Years Day Fun Run 2006!!!! - Sarasota

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Last year we left the Hyatt around noon. I don't know the type of milage yet but alot depends on the weather. I don't want to tell a resturant we are comming and the weather shorten our run but you never know. Can somone figure out the milage from Hyatt, out BIG PASS, down past Anna Maria into Tampa Bay to the Manatee River to Riveria Dunes? I would guess 25 miles each way , maybe a bit more?

Ryan, I'm betting that is a bit longer than 25 miles, I'd guess 35 each way anyway. I've never been up the Manatee River so I'd like to follow this plan.

However, once, I did accidentally drag Addiction up the Little Manatee River in his 42 Tiger by mistake. Think he's still mad at me about that.....:eek: :D Don't think he ever did get the muck cleared out of his cooling system....:eek:

gusman 12-13-2005 09:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think the run up the river would be the best bet. If its cold we'll just have to wear warmer gear, im not afraid of some chilly weather, as long as its not raining.

Formula Outlaw 12-14-2005 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by gusman
I think the run up the river would be the best bet. If its cold we'll just have to wear warmer gear, im not afraid of some chilly weather, as long as its not raining.

Somebody better get somebody's propshaft seals checked out or somebody's gonna get outted why his nickname is what it is.....:D :D

kitten 12-14-2005 11:09 PM

27 miles :D

Too Old 12-14-2005 11:33 PM

Hell, I might drag a boat down this year. Sounds like a good time. :D

Formula Outlaw 12-15-2005 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by TRICK
Hell, I might drag a boat down this year. Sounds like a good time. :D

KA-THUNK.........(the sound of everyone falling over in disbelief.....:D :D)

Dean Ferry 12-15-2005 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
KA-THUNK.........(the sound of everyone falling over in disbelief.....:D :D)

Russ,
Once again, you had me laughing out loud with this one! :drink:
Dean

Dean Ferry 12-15-2005 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
I've never been there, but heard it was good. How far is it, I was under the impression it was pretty far up Tampa Bay? If is too cold or crappy I don't think anyone is gonna run an hour plus leg,.......or am I wrong...lets hear it people?

Ryan,
Sent you a PM.
Thanks,
Dean

birdog 12-15-2005 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by KLAATU
What day will this run be on ?

Just guessing here......New Years Day ?................. :evilb: :D

Have fun...I wont be down this year :( ...It was nice boating on new Years last year !

lucky strike 12-15-2005 04:12 PM

Which boat is the "Current Affair" 38 Top Gun?

LS JR.