Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Here's the video of the 30 flat deck Skater @ 150+ (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118131-heres-video-30-flat-deck-skater-%40-150-a.html)

blaniac 02-01-2007 06:10 PM

Re: Here's the video of the 30 flat deck Skater @ 150+

Sterlings are nice but would love to hear it with a pair of the new Ilmor 710 motors !! :drink:

JIMKID Motorsports 02-01-2007 06:37 PM

he wasnt making any wake was out at skater today the boat is gettig fixed from its little boo boo will be bad ass again soon

Audiofn 02-01-2007 06:51 PM

I think that Grey may be the new white!!! :D:D

Love that boat.

Jon

Rik 02-01-2007 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 (Post 2012500)
cool video,sounds good too:D

I didnt think it had that much damage?

There was no damage to the deck at all.

The deck was scheduled for replacement for other reasons.

stecz20 02-01-2007 07:57 PM

any other pics of this boat... i love that flat deck....

kickin32 02-01-2007 08:02 PM

nice rig!

Pro1 02-01-2007 08:08 PM

kinda quiet in here:

T2x
Sorry to jump back into this one...... it is, after all, an Arneson commercial. , but Super Termoli asks a couple of good questions.

1. I prefer the Mercruiser drive because contrary to the earlier babble on here, you can.... with the MC ...easily..obtain a dead level shaft angle that is absolutely parallel to the bottom of the boat at shaft heights starting level with, above, or below the boat's bottom. You cannot do this with an Arneson. This feature allows you to trim positively or negatively...... the Arneson allows only variations of negative trim. That is a limiting factor IMHO. The sterndrive is also more compact and responsive in low speed turning/docking, etc. and much more stable due to the tremendous reduction in leverage on the various pivot points.

2. I believe that a fixed surface drive is far superior to a steerable drive........ but, in fact I prefer a direct surfaced inboard drive (no external u-joint) which is what we developed for the big JJ. This allowed us to lower the "x" dimension to the extent that we achieved the desireable level shaft angle, position the thrust bearing at the transom and reduce the parasitic drive train power loss inherent in a sterndrive...(Its only true drawback). Subsequent developments in dry sumping have reduced that advantage significantly. (Thanks to Wisemann's development work with the Victory team and Mercury's later revisions).

Bottom line, if I'm going for a max horsepower, max speed project (180 + Mph)...turbines or diesels.... I'd look at a fixed surface drive. Everything else...normal high performance...I'd stick with the Mercruiser.

Rube Goldberg would obviously disagree.

T2x

wrinkleface 02-01-2007 09:21 PM

Very Very Cool!:cool:

wstultz 02-01-2007 09:33 PM

Hey Rik, why don't you go ahead and put one of those together for me. I recorded that sound on a loop and I'll be falling asleep to it tonight.:D

Rik 02-01-2007 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by wstultz (Post 2012899)
Hey Rik, why don't you go ahead and put one of those together for me. I recorded that sound on a loop and I'll be falling asleep to it tonight.:D

That can be arranged. I reserve a slot for you.