Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Drive stand project. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118192-drive-stand-project.html)

GOODT 05-29-2006 02:57 AM

Re: Drive stand project.

Originally Posted by Bad Girl
Anyone need a custom stand to work on drives? this one I have lets you bolt the upper or lower to a plate and the handle has a 21:1 ratio gearbox to let you roll it 360 deg. and strong enough to work on drive. No clamping on the cav plate.Also an adapter for holding a BW trans to work on it. $200.
an sorry for any threadjacking here. thought of it while looking a yours. Ken

That kind of looks like one of the old Bob Kerr stands ????

Rodger, your stands are awsome, I think you could put the whole boat on them and they wouldnt even feel it....great job :drink:

Bad Girl 05-29-2006 09:13 AM

Joe , I'm not sure who made it but when I bought a set of trs tools this came with it. the mechanic said it was custom made for all drives and he even held trannies on it. I know he did not build it. It sure works well. I dont need it anymore and can't figure out another good use for it

ROGER , very nice. I would beg for a pair but would rather sell my drives that store them.
Ken

Magic Medicine 05-29-2006 09:29 AM

Those stands look nice, now get back to working on that boat. I want to see it on the water before my son goes to college. Sorry, couldn't resist. Have a great weekend.

Roger 1 05-29-2006 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Those stands look nice, now get back to working on that boat. I want to see it on the water before my son goes to college. Sorry, couldn't resist. Have a great weekend.

I'm on it... :D

Magic Medicine 05-29-2006 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Roger 1
I'm on it... :D

I need to get on it as well, I won't have the parts I need till Wed.

Roger 1 05-29-2006 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
I need to get on it as well, I won't have the parts I need till Wed.

What kind of parts do you need to wax and polish?
NOW, Gichyass busy and make something shinny while you're waiting for the parts!!! :D

Roger 1 05-29-2006 10:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Roger, your stands are awsome, I think you could put the whole boat on them and they wouldnt even feel it....great job :drink:[/QUOTE]

NOW ya' tell me. After I spent all my money on a trailer!!!!! :D

Thanks for the kind words.

GOODT 05-29-2006 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Roger 1
NOW ya' tell me. After I spent all my money on a trailer!!!!! :D

LMAO

el indio 05-29-2006 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
more pics .......................

Pantera1 05-29-2006 11:03 AM

Wow those are nice but man thats alot of work for something that gets covered with grease and overspray.. I made one in less than an hour out of 2x4's that ive been using for 5 years now .. The top has a slot you can sit the skeg in or flip it over and has a larger hole for the upper to sit in ..
Ill get a pic later it was easy to make and has been used to rebuilt and paint a variety of different lowers :)