If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Cockpit Carpet

Jacksonville FL

Cockpit Carpet

Well i have all the cockpit upohlstry out now, so i figure why not replace the carpet running up the sides of the cockpit, doesnt look tough, anybody have any tips or pointers for me, what is the best glue to use, and whats the best method for preping the area after i pull existing carpet off, where should i buy the new carpet and whats the best carpet to use,

Steve Jr

My Boats:
    michelob light scarab, sold, sailor now
    medellin colombia, pablo escobar's lil town

Re: Cockpit Carpet

pull the old carpet scrape up and big chunks of crap them wipe area down with laquer thinner. use welwood contact cement, i think it holds better than the 3m spray bomp type. get the carpet layed out and cut to fit, then fold it down the middle and just puor some welwood contact cement on the floor and use a paint brush to brush a light coat on the back side of the carpet and the floor. let it tack for a minute the work the carpet from the cent to the sides of the cockpit or work front to rear. then repaet procedure on the other half. have fun...its pretty easy just a pita