Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
More Big Name V Manufacturers entering racing circuit? >

More Big Name V Manufacturers entering racing circuit?

Notices

More Big Name V Manufacturers entering racing circuit?

Old 12-11-2005, 07:45 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Big Name V Manufacturers entering racing circuit?

Seems some of the Big names are entering the V bottom racing circuit, Cigarette, Outerlimits, so far, Why are these manufacturers now racing, Is this for marketing reasons, to sell more boats, bragging rights, seems like the sport of boating is just all about who can go the fastest. Just wondering ?
Old 12-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: More Big Name V Manufacturers entering racing circuit?

evrybody is has had enough of the reggie show
Old 12-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Fountain,fountain,fountain,commercial,fountain,and so on.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:19 PM
Registered

Re: More Big Name V Manufacturers entering racing circuit?

Manufacturers have allways raced their boats for sales purposes. It all started with Don Aronnow and the Magnum. If he never raced... AND WON....offshore boating would have never happened....it's as simple as that.

Then...after he sold a ton of Magnums...he sold the company...made a small fortune...especially on all the ones he sold for cash...under the table..wrote off all his cost's...paid no income tax...and started Cigarette.....and did the same thing all over again...raced...won...sold a ton of boats...got richer..and richer...and sold another boat company....AFTER...HE MADE IT FAMOUS...BY WINNING RACES.

That's why more manufacturers are getting into it....FOR THE MONEY...NOT THE SPORT!!!

Last edited by FLYWITHME; 12-11-2005 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:22 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLYWITHME
Manufacturers have allways raced their boats for sales purposes. It all started with Don Aronnow and the Magnum. If he never raced... AND WON....offshore boating would have never happened....it's as simple as that.

Then...after he sold a ton of Magnums...he sold the company...made a small fortune...especially all the ones he sold for cash...under the table..wrote off all his cost's...paid no income tax...and started Cigarette.....and did the same thing all over again...raced...won...sold a ton of boats...got richer..and richer...and sold another boat company....AFTER...HE MADE IT FAMOUS...BY WINNING.

That's why more manufacturers are getting into it....FOR THE MONEY...NOT THE SPORT!!!
i wouldnt' say offshore poweboating never would of happened, i find it hard to believe people who love to go fast would of just sat on their hands and never built a boat... would it have turned out different, sure, but i wouldn't say it never would of happened...
Old 12-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FLYWITHME

Then...after he sold a ton of Magnums...he sold the company...made a small fortune...especially on all the ones he sold for cash...under the table..wrote off all his cost's...paid no income tax...and started Cigarette.....and did the same thing all over again...raced...won...sold a ton of boats...got richer..and richer...and sold another boat company
You say that like it's a bad thing, are you American?
Old 12-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Registered

Question Re: More Big Name V Manufacturers entering racing circuit?

I'm half and half...and proud to be both.

Think it's bad ?...quite the contrary! To me offshore boating...and racing... is almost as much fun as flying. If I'm not flying my sport plane...doing airbatics...I'm flying in my 27' Magnum....THE BEST...of both worlds.

I'm not sure...what being an American has do do with my opinions. Not that it matters, but what country do you come from?

Last edited by FLYWITHME; 12-11-2005 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:14 PM
Registered

I should have worded...never would have happened differently. Point well taken....BUT WHEN ? Pioneers like Aronnow...aren't born everyday. He had...BALLS...took chances...risked his life...and is beyond any doubt...THE KING OF OFFSHORES...AND ALLWAYS WILL BE!

Unfortunately...because of his association with the drug cartel...and selling them fast boats...well...you know the rest.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Banned

is there any v bottoms that could actually compete on the race circuit that has yet to get involved?
Old 12-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
is there any v bottoms that could actually compete on the race circuit that has yet to get involved?
Adrenaline! LET'S GO!!

Quick Reply: More Big Name V Manufacturers entering racing circuit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.