Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cocaine bust at 15st Ft. Lauderdale (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118299-cocaine-bust-15st-ft-lauderdale.html)

Andy0331 12-15-2005 11:30 PM

Re: Cocaine bust at 15st Ft. Lauderdale

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
His Left hand is in his pocket and he is in the wide open, without going into my personal credentials to back up my opinion it's pretty clear this guy is a noobie or just untrained.

No need for cred thumping on either of our parts.

If he isn't part of the immediate scene, right by the boat covering the criminals, there is not immediate need for being in the high ready. I venture to say that the smuggler(s) are gone already & he is securing the perimiter of the scene.

With news crews, onlookers, etc at the ramp, he probably needs to be in view, as he is, showing domination without actively directing his muzzle towards any bystander. Low threat crowd control...

How many hours should he stand in the high ready? With no visible threat? I don't think his hand is in his pocket, I can see his thumb behind the handguards. If it is in the pocket, that's a little f'd up, but are we to believe that no professional has ever put his off hand in his pocket before? I know I've done it once or twice.

We can agree to disagree or discuss it via PM; it really doesn't have much bearing on the topic itself.

Anarchy Powerboats 12-15-2005 11:35 PM

ok

Byrdman 12-15-2005 11:45 PM

His Left hand is in his pocket and he is in the wide open, without going into my personal credentials to back up my opinion it's pretty clear this guy is a noobie or just untrained.

He is untrained!...totally!...You are 100 percent correct....this is why the cops get hit still :evilb:

bryanspeedracer 12-16-2005 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
What does a kilo bring now? Watched Smugglers Blues(Miami Vice,1984)last night and they were talking 35-40K per Kilo. Just curious on adjusting for 20 years and inflation :D

About 25k to 35k up here. There are kind of cool if you never seen one.
The pckage will have a wax stamp on it the usually tells who packaged it. Who says there isn't any pride in workmanship :p :p

bryanspeedracer 12-16-2005 09:27 AM

Isn't this why they invented pockets? I use mine all the time...

Were the threat still present, he'd have his raid gear on (Ballistic vest).

bryanspeedracer 12-16-2005 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Byrdman
well 40 in down there should bring 12 to 16 in then bump around down there to what he said....now we get north...........at a load of 40 you will pay 23 to 24......then broken up to 1 for 27.....then all talk goes to grams....no more talk of kilos even though 1 is being moved......a kilo is 2.2 lbs.or better known as 1000 grams ......20.00 per gram wholesale uncut..then to mid dealers....23 to 24...then to street dealers all stomped out 50 percent for 40 to 50 per gram......you do the math..so now all stomped at 50 percent..50000.00 per....so that is 23 g profit and the biggest risk....these are todays rates as of 20 min. ago! :eek:

Where'd you learn all this marketing info mister?

We ought to get together and talk a bit :eek:

Shore Thing 12-16-2005 10:26 AM

Rabbit: See, a lot of drug dealers use stickers to mark their products. Like a brand name.

Farva: See? Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Captain O'Hagan: Shut up, Farva.
[to Rabbit]

Captain O'Hagan: Did that bag you pulled off these College kids have that sticker?

Rabbit: Uummm...
[secretly looks at a bag he hid in his pocket]

Rabbit: I don't believe it did.