"White Lightning" coming to LOTO

Old 06-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wstultz
Don't worry about that stupid BS.

Just remember that "loud pipes save lives."
u know I'm not just want my oso boys 2 chime in on midwestboatparty.com and help a brother-memberout

+ u know I love the noise,Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by djkool99usa
What is untrue?
dam near all of it!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Travis:
The day you have to worry about what other people say is when THEY are paying your bills. As long as you're picking up your own tab, who cares what they think? Do whatever you can get away with noise-wise without being inconsiderate to your fellow boaters.
I thought the remarks about Michelle were rude and uncalled for. Jealous bastards.
Coz
Old 06-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just read that thread on the other site. Entertaining indeed.

I kinda feel that it'sTravis' boat and he can have it the way he likes it. I would like to see a video clip of it's loudness.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad you got a chance to check out the entertainment over there. I won't make it to the run this weekend either. I have family stuff with the kiddo as well.

It was nice to hear your side of the story/stories. I still stand by my statement that it isn't cool to be revving engines in a rude/ inconsiderate manner. However, It sounds as though some peoples depictions of events were highly embellished. If people ask to hear it, I would give it to them also.

josh farrell
36' Apache "Indian Giver"
Old 06-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As most of you probably already know I met Travis, his wife Michelle and his son Austin when I surveyed "White Lightning" for them before they bought it.

Unless I'm going color blind, his hair is not red. When he was here it wasn't long enough to be a mullet or be in any ponytail.
He is a family oriented, polite and respectful man.

His wife is a total fox and one of the sweetest women I've ever met. She sent me a birthday card with a letter!! Who does that these days? Whoever said anything about her looks either has poor eyesight or didn't get close enough.

When Travis first got the boat to LOTO, I know he had some carburetor and power valve issues. Those 1000s hate to idle anyway and until they are dialed-in properly they load up like gas is free. I'm sure Travis never meant to offend anyone.

The guys hiding behind screen names on that other sight are low-rent to be making remarks about a guy they don't even know and his WIFE!

I'm glad we here at OSO are kept to higher standards.

Edward R. Cozzi
Never hidden behind a screen name or ever will.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

If it is worth anything, my haircut has been made fun over there before as well. Someone told me I was due for a haircut after they saw me drive past them the previous weekend.

I tend to not let people's opinions bother me, but talkin about the wife and family is shootin below the belt!
Old 06-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Registered

Travis,

The comments on the other site toward you and your family were out of line. It's amazing what people will write when they don't have to say it to someones face. The irony is that you were getting railed on by mostly a group of people from the party cove.....did they not expect to hear a loud boat at party cove....is it offending them???? It's like going to a bar and complaining about the smoke
I try to stay out of things like this but you seem like the type of guy that would help a stranger on the side of the road and I don't think the people making judgements even knew you.

Hope to hear a full throttle pass this summer. Later man.

CTA
Old 06-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Registered

Travis, et al.

As owner of MWBP, let me apologize for the unnecessary comments about your wife. Sometimes mob mentality rules, and people get wound up in something and say things that not only aren't true, but things they don't necessarily mean. I'm sure your wife is a lovely person, and again accept my apology on behalf of MWBP.

The thread in question has been removed as no one benefits from continued mud slinging and name calling. All have had their say, and its time to move on.

I think the cooler heads on both sites will realize that the vast majority of people that boat will get along anytime anywhere. As members of large forums, you also must agree that sometimes things take on a life of their own, and reason goes out the window for the sake of continued drama.

While I was in Party Cove over Memorial Day, and your revving engines were the talk of a large group of people that couldn't understand the point, I feel that the thread turned to unfair personal attacks and that is not what MWBP wants to promote.

Lets agree to disagree on who does and who doesn't like to hear your motors and let by-gones be by-gones. There are plenty of people that love the boat and would kindly have a cold one with you, so lets leave it like that.

Sincerely,
Jeff Huebner
aka Dr. Jeff Owner/Admin Midwestboatparty.com
Old 06-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by travis reed
u know I'm not just want my oso boys 2 chime in on midwestboatparty.com and help a brother-memberout

+ u know I love the noise,Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Travis,

It doesn't do any good to chime in on the Midwest site because the majority of people over their are just fun boaters and as Dr. Jeff says, "mob rulles". As my buddy Roper says, you got a kick azz boat and I look forward to seeing it every weekend. Also, I've got my 8 yr old daughter with me here at the Lake all summer, how old are your kids. PM me sometime and we can meet up with the kids at the swim beach over at Frankie & Louies.

Mike Caffrey

Quick Reply: "White Lightning" coming to LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.