"White Lightning" coming to LOTO

Notices

"White Lightning" coming to LOTO

Old 06-20-2007, 06:31 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frequency
I think we have all agreed that travis is an ok guy with a cool boat, hot wife, yada yada... but your post is smack talk pure and simple. So you are due for some good natured ribbing:

It took a WHOLE HOUR to replace a cap and rotor????

Walk to the truck to get a spare cap and rotor - 5 minutes
(you do carry a spare - right?)

Remove old cap and rotor - 5 minutes

Inspect distributor - 30 seconds

Replace rotor and cap - 1 minute

Check wires for correct firing order - 10 minutes
(it pays to triple check - and I'm sipping a cold one by now)

Throw junk cap and rotor overboard - 2 seconds
(just kidding)

So there you have it, less that one half an hour. I don't know of any "boat" on the lake that CAN'T do that.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by m.wagner
This is just for all u guys that think u know white lightnings speed.That hasnt even been on the boat. Travis and I was in the ruff stuff last year getting ready for the shootout . and we ran 110 plus then it so happened that we blew the MSD distribitor cap & rotor off ,Travis said we were just starting to get freed up. We limped her back to the dock and travis had it fixed in less than a hour.I dont know of any boat on the lake that can do that.The funny thing about that is we had plenty of throttle to go.I begged him to run in the shootout and he looked at me very seriously and said there are to many BIG BOYS here and were not ready yet. oh yeah I was on white lightning memorial weekend and every body was begging travis to rev it up including me.He only did 3-4 times not to mention raising the hatches a couple of times .Hundreds of people wanted to take pictures and video so I told him to leave them open.Isn't horsepower what its all about?I have been working on some of his rental property at LOTO and he made a comment to me that BRAD SMITH and him will be making BIG power in 08.hopefully!
ok, i'll be your huckleberry......EVEN IF, you get it to 120, there are still cats on loto that cruise at 150...there is a 120+ RR here on the chesapeake for sale in the classifieds.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, this thread just keeps going and going.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
ok, i'll be your huckleberry......EVEN IF, you get it to 120, there are still cats on loto that cruise at 150...there is a 120+ RR here on the chesapeake for sale in the classifieds.
Don't you mean your a knob blower from post 261,then go by it!!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Frequency
I think we have all agreed that travis is an ok guy with a cool boat, hot wife, yada yada... but your post is smack talk pure and simple. So you are due for some good natured ribbing:

It took a WHOLE HOUR to replace a cap and rotor????

Walk to the truck to get a spare cap and rotor - 5 minutes
(you do carry a spare - right?)

Remove old cap and rotor - 5 minutes

Inspect distributor - 30 seconds

Replace rotor and cap - 1 minute

Check wires for correct firing order - 10 minutes
(it pays to triple check - and I'm sipping a cold one by now)

Throw junk cap and rotor overboard - 2 seconds
(just kidding)

So there you have it, less that one half an hour. I don't know of any "boat" on the lake that CAN'T do that.

I think my buddy was trying to say that included idle time back to the dock,tie up time,walking up and down the dock cleaning up,and most of all my dance on the dock for a simple mistake fixed,no major breakdown,and not having the screws tight on the rotor to begin with,I think. To many late nights!!!! I guess thier will always be a few guys looking to poke the bear so to speak...
Ease up on my buddy he is just excited to be on the water looking at girls,and hell I did not put the post he did,and as much as he had to drink I'm suprised he remembered what I was even doing,let alone how long it took!!

Last edited by travis reed; 06-20-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

As I sit here with my glass of %^ I can't help but wonder.......Is this over yet?

Last edited by P Offshore; 06-20-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by travis reed
Don't you mean your a knob blower from post 261,then go by it!!!!
ummm nope, the point is, you can have brad build you whatever, those of us that know, you still wont be the fastest
Old 06-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Registered

ummm nope, the point is, you can have brad build you whatever, those of us that know, you still wont be the fastest

No the point is you made some comments about someone you did not even know,and I was never trying to be the fastest,just faster than you which is no problem. I maintain my boat do all the rigging and so on. I hear you barely know where the key goes.Have a great life and go find someone else to talk about,that you know nothing about,seems you are good at that.................
Old 06-20-2007, 08:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by travis reed
No the point is you made some comments about someone you did not even know,and I was never trying to be the fastest,just faster than you which is no problem. I maintain my boat do all the rigging and so on. I hear you barely know where the key goes.Have a great life and go find someone else to talk about,that you know nothing about,seems you are good at that.................
as do I maintain my boat, the difference between you and I is I know my limitations, meaning if I cant do it, I take it to someone that can do it, not just talk about how he can do it . You seem to think that everyone on here envys you and your boat, I will tell you right up front that you are the running joke at loto, you keep throwing your hard earned pennies at the people that you "think" know what they are doing, just the same as you jumped to a conclusion about Anthony/weapon X, i'll be willing to bet that within a few months you'll be starting your own I got ripped off thread or too embarrassed to. As for my boat if you cant outrun a 42 tiger with modified 500's then you should sink your tub and stick to framing houses. I got some calls to back off of you but you are a genuine knob. I will sit back and chuckle at your future problems because I can be assured you brought them on yourself...god day knob!
Old 06-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Registered

Thumbs down

as do I maintain my boat, the difference between you and I is I know my limitations, meaning if I cant do it, I take it to someone that can do it, not just talk about how he can do it . You seem to think that everyone on here envys you and your boat, I will tell you right up front that you are the running joke at loto, you keep throwing your hard earned pennies at the people that you "think" know what they are doing, just the same as you jumped to a conclusion about Anthony/weapon X, i'll be willing to bet that within a few months you'll be starting your own I got ripped off thread or too embarrassed to. As for my boat if you cant outrun a 42 tiger with modified 500's then you should sink your tub and stick to framing houses. I got some calls to back off of you but you are a genuine knob. I will sit back and chuckle at your future problems because I can be assured you brought them on yourself...god day knob!
You must have me confused still, I do not frame houses,I build High Rises,have for 15 yrs...and do not care what you or anyone thinks about the boat,I will say as I have always said thier are alot of really big boy boats and I sure do not think we are one of them. As for whoever called you ,I did not ask them to,I'm done with you,you are nothing to me.Oh and I made it very clear no one should envy/be jealous of any material thing,they should be happy for a guys hard work,mister confused. As for weaponX I can't say. I have heard good and bad,I'm not like you I do not talk about people I do not really know,he seems cool on the phone,and I accepted his apology. This is between you and I,quit dragging other people in for your petty comments and your false judement of someone. I will be the better man leave me alone I have taught my family to stay away from people like you. Good luck and may God be with you,you need it................

Quick Reply: "White Lightning" coming to LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.