Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone have an update on the Sunny Isl. Marina cleanup?? >

Anyone have an update on the Sunny Isl. Marina cleanup??

Notices

Anyone have an update on the Sunny Isl. Marina cleanup??

Old 12-13-2005, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 2,965 Likes on 981 Posts
Default Anyone have an update on the Sunny Isl. Marina cleanup??

All that damage from the hurricane, then there was issues with the building being unstable. Anyone know what is going on? Have they started getting into it yet? What's the updates on the boats??
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have an update on the Sunny Isl. Marina cleanup??-hurricane.bmp   Anyone have an update on the Sunny Isl. Marina cleanup??-hurricane2.bmp   Anyone have an update on the Sunny Isl. Marina cleanup??-hurricane3.bmp  

Old 12-14-2005, 02:15 AM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone have an update on the Sunny Isl. Marina cleanup??

Tank,

They are making pretty good progress. A Salvager was hired to remove the boats, and they are about 50% cleared now. Some of the boat owners have already received their insurance proceeds and purchased new boats. Progress was slowed over how much the salvager was charging. The customers hve to pay to have their boats removed, not the marina. Marina One in Deerfield Beach (The older metal building on the west side of US#1) suffered the same fate, and they also are about 50% completed in their removal of boats, both totaled and partially damaged. They are a Formula dealer and some of the new Formulas were heavily damaged. I think, but not certain, it's National Liquidators doing the Sunny Isles clean up. I just received my insurance renewal notices (CIGNA/INA/ACE USA) on my Black Thunder and the 54 Sea Ray and did not get an increase. However, the new policy says that if you don't declare your boat as residing in Florida, it will not be covered if in Florida (and neighboring hurricane prone states) from June 1 thru November.

Steve
Old 12-14-2005, 05:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the pics it looks like a lot of outboards will be saved. On the other hand, by the initial apearance of the inboards, there will be plenty of drives and motors available on the used market.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:47 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveDavid
I just received my insurance renewal notices (CIGNA/INA/ACE USA) on my Black Thunder and the 54 Sea Ray and did not get an increase. However, the new policy says that if you don't declare your boat as residing in Florida, it will not be covered if in Florida (and neighboring hurricane prone states) from June 1 thru November.

Steve
The amount did not increase but the coverage diminished by 50% or 6 month!

I guess 95 and the intercoastal will be jammed with boats and pull rigs on Dec 1st of next year...
Old 12-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I have lots of pics of Marina One as of yesterday on another computer. I will post in a few days. They are HEARTBREAKING if you love performance boats........

On the other hand, I need a pair of 525's complete w/ITS and xr's if anyone knows how to get one of the salvaged sets.

Thanks.