Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Old Ohio Steel & Smokin Joe Pics (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118520-old-ohio-steel-smokin-joe-pics.html)

Downtown42 12-16-2005 08:51 AM

Re: Old Ohio Steel & Smokin Joe Pics

Originally Posted by Fast Forward
I ran across some old photo's from the Peir 33 Poker Run held in the mid 90's. Thought I'd share some of the photo's. Sorry for the poor quality as I've got to scan the old glossys. I'll post a few more later.

post 1, 3rd pic..43 Scarab FireFox.....triple 8-900's...I ve run with him poker runs...plastic surgeon from chi-town...interesting guy...I think he is out cause do not see anywhere.

Fast Forward 12-16-2005 01:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A few more.

gotime34 12-16-2005 02:04 PM

Some serious muscle in there. The Scarab in pic 3 must have been brand new at the time. Some awsome boats.

BBB725 12-16-2005 02:55 PM

Dr. John Baird owned FireFox the 43 Scarab triple 800's with TRS drives the boat ran about 90. Dr John is a great guy big big gun collector, rode with me in the Sturgeon Bay Poker run.

Downtown42 12-16-2005 04:33 PM

BBB did doc get out of boating?

Nykamp 12-16-2005 04:34 PM

I was on those runs back in the early 90's with my buddys 302 formlua, those where great runs. Smoking Joe is an awsome ride.

woogie 12-17-2005 09:53 PM

Looks like 93? The Fountian in #8 is still here in Holland - was same owner as the Black 38 Scarab in bkgd named MINE. Have the almost 1hr video of 94 with Fred Kiekhaefers "On Duty" 42 Commanche, Bam, Warhawk, etc.. if anyone has copy capabilities or can do video clips for putfile send a pm. Caution - you cannot watch video with sound - the music is nasty stuff. Lot of dated paint but its winter..... Where did Kenny Gordon end up after Thunder Marine? Last heard wanted to start his own boat co. ? Smokin Joe was always entertainment..

Nykamp 12-18-2005 08:08 AM

Smokeing Joe is for sale at Lake Cumberland Marine, Fred K's boat Off Duty is in florida, I was at a christmas party last night with a bunch of guys that I did those runs with lots of good memories. Lots of sweet hardware would come up for those runs. One of my buddys just restored the 38 TG LOCK and LOAD that used to come up for those runs.

offshoredrillin 12-18-2005 08:37 AM

the big hustler 40 with the spiderweb, did that finally get sold? The owner had a fire at his garage if I remeber correctly? Hope all worked out for him...