Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My New SL 44 ( 44 ft ) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118635-my-new-sl-44-44-ft.html)

AeroSpeedMarine 12-20-2005 02:04 PM

Re: My New SL 44 ( 44 ft )

how fast is it to run/

CMG 12-20-2005 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by 42PLAYBOY
how fast is it to run/

Some where between 50 & 150 mph. :D

rockit man 12-20-2005 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by 42PLAYBOY
how fast is it to run/

With the power we are using in the first one ,aprox 900 hp per motor (Will dyno in Jan ) I expect 110 -120+ mph but really not sure yet ,depends on final weight and how well the bottom works I really believe the steped bottom will help get speed my main concern is the turning and handling ,we have a lot of work to do yet.

Anarchy Powerboats 12-20-2005 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by fountain1fan
rocket man cool boat. what allory you using and thickness you bild it out of . i'm a welder by traid 18years in it and welding alum to asme code tig and mig . jest woundering what you are using mechine and process thanks robbie. :D :drink: rogers welding and fab :drink: :drink: :drink:

:D :D :drink:

TSPM 12-20-2005 04:11 PM

ROCKIT MAN.......Very nice boat. Highly ambitious project as well. Best of luck to you.

Try and overlook some of the small minded people posting on OSO. Every time someone has a new boat or model people jump in and claim SPLASHED this and SPLASHED that. All the BIG mfg "SPLASH" something from someone from time to time.

In your case I see a novel 100% new bottom and top with minor styling cues from boats you like and admire. That is far from a true bottom or top "SPLASH" Thanks for showing your ideas and skills to us. Please keep us posted on your progress, it looks awesome! :drink:

rockit man 12-20-2005 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by TSPM
ROCKIT MAN.......Very nice boat. Highly ambitious project as well. Best of luck to you.

Try and overlook some of the small minded people posting on OSO. Every time someone has a new boat or model people jump in and claim SPLASHED this and SPLASHED that. All the BIG mfg "SPLASH" something from someone from time to time.

In your case I see a novel 100% new bottom and top with minor styling cues from boats you like and admire. That is far from a true bottom or top "SPLASH" Thanks for showing your ideas and skills to us. Please keep us posted on your progress, it looks awesome! :drink:

Thanks !!!I think when its all done it will look very unique and there will be no question as to the design.Pic are not three dimisional so its hard to see what it really looks like, all that have seen it agree that there is nothing out there quite like it.
Picking colors now. Thanks again ROCKIT MAN

fountain1fan 12-20-2005 05:08 PM

hey blast ass why doint you bit me smart ass !

fountain1fan 12-20-2005 05:12 PM

i ask a real ? and some smart ass has to be himself ok. smart guy what is asme code on 1 inch thick alun pressure vessel

JCPERF 12-20-2005 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by fountain1fan
hey blast ass why doint you bit me smart ass !

dont,bite :evilb: :evilb:

Too Old 12-20-2005 06:27 PM

Keep the information and photos coming.

It's a little disappointing to read the few negative comments on such an unusual build.

It's looks very unique and original to me. ;) I'm sure the majority of OSO members will enjoy following the story.