Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sign in Marina (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118764-sign-marina.html)

bgchuby01 12-20-2005 09:25 AM

Re: Sign in Marina

Dennis that sign is great, I go through the same thing about towing peoples boats. They own a large offshore boat and complain about the cost to move it. This is not a sport for welfare. As you have all heard before you have to pay to play. Now most people on here are sucessful becuse theu are smart in business. And I don't blame them for trying to get the right deal. They just have to remember that in there line of work they make a profit to afford their boat and the other businesses that support the boats also need to make a profit, BUT they don't need to retire off of your boat

Indy 12-20-2005 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by century29
Sounds smug to me. It would turn me off as a customer.

Not me...There are some real pricks running around on these boats with a huge entitlement mentality. I have little tolerance for whining rich windbags.

Shore Thing 12-20-2005 09:51 AM

I know what you are saying. But a sign isn't the way to handle that. It's condescending, and will end up turning away good customers instead of the bad customers in which it is intended.

bgchuby01 12-20-2005 11:54 AM

if someone does not realize that it is in fun they should take a qualude

Sean H 12-20-2005 11:56 AM

it won't bother the good customers, it will only bother the ones that it offends and i think that is the point... :D

BK 12-20-2005 12:15 PM

My first thought was that he seems to have a large number of unhappy folks for some reason - enough to warrant a sign like that. I see that as a red flag.

I prefer to do business with companies that seem cooperative when there's a problem. And this sign says the opposite.

But every business has a right to operate any way they want. Maybe he has so much business he doesn't have to worry about offering friendly service?

:rolleyes:

CigDaze 12-20-2005 12:17 PM

That's great. If you can't laugh at that.....
:D :D

Strip Poker 388 12-20-2005 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
if someone does not realize that it is in fun they should take a qualude

A lude and 3 beers :D

Strip Poker 388 12-20-2005 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
......and what were you doing there? :snide: :D :D

Adding to his collection :eek: I wouldnt mine having to new one :D

Rob