Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sign in Marina (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118764-sign-marina.html)

Shore Thing 12-20-2005 01:16 PM

Re: Sign in Marina

I'm a very laid back person, and I've never had a problem with any of the people i've done business with in the boating community(which is rare in itself). But like BK said, it sends up a red flag. If i walked into a car dealership and saw that sign, I'd turn around immediately. Why should a marina be any different?

If my saying that makes you think I'm stuck up or that I'm a pain in the a$$ customer, I welcome you to try and find anyone who has met me or who I've done business with that verify your assessment. You won't find them. I was just being honest.

offshoredrillin 12-20-2005 01:26 PM

i'm quite sure the sign is a joke with a hint of reality..it's similar to the ones that say if you want credit go see Helen Wait...spelled Hell en wait...:rolleyes:

BK 12-20-2005 01:36 PM

I guess it would be like going to the doctors office and seeing signs like:

If you can't afford my bill, then don't get sick.

Pain is part of it - Stop being a baby

:D A doc with sense of humor. Ha ha. :evilb:

Of course, there will be a few folks who won't like the abrasive comments, obviously. But I know others who will think it's hilarious. :p

birdog 12-20-2005 01:40 PM

I find it funny.....Like the signs that quote Labor rates...If you watch...If you help...

satisfactionII 12-20-2005 01:54 PM

The sign its both ways with me. Of course I understand you have to pay to lay and that all boats are expensive. But the sign also displays a hardazz attitude. But then again if you have a 300K boat, don't whine about a 300 dollar part.

I might say the sign is as confusing as I am. :D

Panther 12-30-2005 09:33 AM

I do everything myself! :D

If I can't do it myself then I pay the piper! :drink:

pullmytrigger 12-30-2005 07:21 PM

I wouldnt have a warm and fuzzy feeling walking in and seeing that sign.......I have a business of my own and agree it shows a certain hardazz mentality IMO............you sure that sign isnt out front of IMCO :snide:

Racegirl3 12-30-2005 08:04 PM

I need one something like that. My office is all about customer service and we will do whatever we can to help somebody BUT when I get asked to cut my fees I politely tell them no and that I will be happy to cancel my file if they would like me to. All but 2 of my fees are regulated by the department of insurance so those that are regulated should be the same no matter what title company you go to. The only two fees that I get to set are the closing fee ($150) and the title exam ($150). So when the customer who is buying the $200,000 plus house and is paying a bank/broker $2000-$5000 in fees asks me to cut my $300 .. well it doesnt make me happy. :mad: