Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What would you say to this??????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/11878-what-would-you-say.html)

Shorgasm 01-30-2002 05:46 PM

What would you say to this???????

How about this...........
I found a 1986 Wellcraft...Scarab...I beleive.....either 33 0r 36 footer......all white with stupid ass arch....

It has triple merc 200's on it on an extension.....Perfect shape hull.....interior like new and dash near perfect.....save for the sitting outside....justa little dirty....

I'm just gonna tell you what I saw....I don't know much about these guys.....so please advise....

It has a teak floor....great shape but dry...still dark in color......all the dash is there....the hour meters read like 320 and 340 and I beleive 380 or something close like that....they are inside beside the shore power panel.....

It's got all the dash instruments and they look to be in good shape clarity wise....One captains chair....didn't see another one on board.... The transom seat is a wood panel job that is hinged and lifts upwards to show batteries and such....The cabin is simply nice......looks to be all original and no tears or rips they are in a blue white color.

The hull and transom seem to be in great shape.....I know how to spot a wet one or one that's gonna be....I kinda use the tap and tug routine...looks like it's been sitting for about 10 years under a tarp...but the cabin had absolutely zero mold smell or odor.....very dry...

And of course it sat on a three axle trailer with a big extesion on the back past the outboards.....

Now here is the intereting part......without the outboards he would let it go for $6000...

What would you think it would run to rig it with a pair of big blocks and transom assemblies.......fuel tanks and drives.......or is this just a headache waiting to happen....

This boat is about 4 miles from my house at a boat yard.....

NICKSLICK 01-30-2002 05:49 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

dude...

Ok... how much money you got... be honest... how much AT WORST could your drop on this boat... IF YOU HAD TOO...

You tell me that, and Ill tell you what to do from there...

Scooter 01-30-2002 05:56 PM

Well sounds like a great project boat, the amount of money depends on the equiment you want to run. The engines could use crates get to 502 for about 7200.00 pair, then you have drives etc. it could add up quickly, depends on the electric lines,rigging. i wouldn't i ran itto a cigarette up here for 10,000.00 no power, or anything after going back to look a few times you see the work or even the problems that my happen.

just i opion, :eek:

Hot Boat 01-30-2002 05:56 PM

Its about time you look to get a new boat I would just slap a pair of 300 Pro Max's on the back. It would cost a lot less than re rigging the whole boat. And be fast as hell :eek: :D

Ron P 01-30-2002 06:00 PM

How much with the motors?

NICKSLICK 01-30-2002 06:04 PM

The ultimate irony...

Gasm with a SCAR that doesnt work...

Catmandont... you around?

there is a God...

Shorgasm 01-30-2002 06:08 PM

It is rigged for three and one is on there and the other two are inside.....from talking to him I would say not terribly too much more for the whole ball of wax.... :rolleyes:

He doesn't seem to be too in "love" with it anymore.....

I actually stopped to look a 42 Scarab..once again I believe here....I have seen it tucked away for a while.....all black sides and not real bad shape....or so I thought.......

Come to look at this yard they moved it up to the shop and I had to go ask....it's got triple 454's.....all fresh and one is back in....a 1990 model......HUGE trailer..MYCO all white and nice.....moderate engine work 600 HP....

All was good but mechanic told me take a look...it had been under water once....I looked at the empty Thru-hull exhaust holes......Oops.a little bit of rot there... :eek:

BIG ASS boat though...damn narrow though.....I'm sure my little bayliner is just as wide....8' or so... :rolleyes:

Sean 01-30-2002 06:12 PM

shor...find out about the outboards...I might be interested in them. email me.

[email protected]

Shorgasm 01-30-2002 06:17 PM

I'll see if I can go over there tommorow....kinda cramped up here with woman now........she still moves pretty slow.....and still whines a bit........that's okay though......I like the "twins" :D :D :D :D :D

HydroScream 01-30-2002 06:22 PM

egg beaters? right on :cool: