Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Help pick the graphics for the new name (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118854-help-pick-graphics-new-name.html)

The Menace 12-21-2005 10:26 AM

Re: Help pick the graphics for the new name

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
IMO the bold print/script the bolder it is the harder it is to read from a far.

I like the thinner script.

Also your putting it across 3 colors. Its going to have to stand out to beable to read it in the water

Dennis the name fits :D

rob :drink:

Either black with Silver inserts or Silver with balck inserts.

Strip Poker 388 12-21-2005 10:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Theres a couple vinyl sign guys on the board maybe they can put it on the pick to get an idea what it might look like ?

Semper Fi 12-21-2005 10:55 AM

I like #1

ktron 12-21-2005 11:08 AM

SLINGSHOT 12-21-2005 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by jayboat
You have other options. :evilb:

Please forgive my rant, but other than #1, those others are bullsh*t, and point out exactly what is wrong with the sign business these days. Too many untrained amateurs-- and the customer is the loser in the deal. I realize that art is a subjective thing and everyone has different taste, but how are you to know if the 'professional' you've hired doesn't have the brains or the experience to give you some decent options?

It's a sign of the times, and I generally stopped letting it bother me very much years ago because of the sheer volume of inappropriate, fugly lettering everywhere you turn nowadays... the result is the general public has grown accustomed to it and accepts it as the norm. aaaaargh. The area of boat lettering is a real sore spot for me because I like boats so much... oh well.

It was number five that set me off... any bozo that suggest using that font on a boat like yours should be stabbed repeatedly with an xacto that's been dipped in burnt drive lube.

Thanks for listening, now back to the poll... :cool:

THEY ARE NO BETTER IMHO :rolleyes:

Wild 12-21-2005 06:33 PM

WOW, you know its winter when you blow up over someone elses vinyl art
selection:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D

Strip Poker 388 12-21-2005 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Wild
WOW, you know its winter when you blow up over someone elses vinyl art
selection:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D

We just want our buddy to make the right desision.Kinda like when your at a bar and your buddy is drunk and is trying to hook up with a ulgy fat chick :drink: :drink:

gusman 12-21-2005 07:20 PM

I dont like any of them. I love the new boat though :D . You should let Stickerboy (Ryan Beckley) give em a shot.

tomtbone1993 12-21-2005 08:36 PM

change Illinois to TEXAS......... :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

Sean H 12-21-2005 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
change Illinois to TEXAS......... :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

then he would never be able to sell it.... :eek: :drink: :D :evilb: