Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Help pick the graphics for the new name (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118854-help-pick-graphics-new-name.html)

The Menace 12-21-2005 08:19 AM

Help pick the graphics for the new name

2 Attachment(s)
Replacing the name Godzilla with "The Menace". There are 5 selections. Please vote your favorite.

Downtown42 12-21-2005 08:41 AM

Re: Help pick the graphics for the new name

TEAMBAJA 12-21-2005 09:01 AM

Who's boat is that?

open87 12-21-2005 09:06 AM

don't like any of them , get someone to freehand the lettering... come on, it's a skater...

contact ryan beckly .... he can do wayyyy better than those....

those look like they came off the 75% off isle at rite aid....

BLee 12-21-2005 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Who's boat is that?

Um, his? :D

jayboat 12-21-2005 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You have other options. :evilb:

Please forgive my rant, but other than #1, those others are bullsh*t, and point out exactly what is wrong with the sign business these days. Too many untrained amateurs-- and the customer is the loser in the deal. I realize that art is a subjective thing and everyone has different taste, but how are you to know if the 'professional' you've hired doesn't have the brains or the experience to give you some decent options?

It's a sign of the times, and I generally stopped letting it bother me very much years ago because of the sheer volume of inappropriate, fugly lettering everywhere you turn nowadays... the result is the general public has grown accustomed to it and accepts it as the norm. aaaaargh. The area of boat lettering is a real sore spot for me because I like boats so much... oh well.

It was number five that set me off... any bozo that suggest using that font on a boat like yours should be stabbed repeatedly with an xacto that's been dipped in burnt drive lube.

Thanks for listening, now back to the poll... :cool:

TEAMBAJA 12-21-2005 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Um, his? :D

I thought maybe it was for a friend or something since he has Pure Adrenaline.

Does he still have that Cig too?

gotime34 12-21-2005 09:56 AM

I like #5. Or you could have an airbrush artisit do it really cool, but then again its just the name. Can I have your cig now? :D :D

BLee 12-21-2005 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
I thought maybe it was for a friend or something since he has Pure Adrenaline.

Does he still have that Cig too?

The Cigarette is going up for sale with Pete at Custom Marine sales. Really nice boat. Not sure what he'll do with the Ocean Express.

Strip Poker 388 12-21-2005 10:08 AM

IMO the bold print/script the bolder it is the harder it is to read from a far.

I like the thinner script.

Also your putting it across 3 colors. Its going to have to stand out to beable to read it in the water

Dennis the name fits :D

rob :drink: