Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cape Coral / Ft Meyers, FL New Years Day Fun Run - 2006 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118896-cape-coral-ft-meyers-fl-new-years-day-fun-run-2006-a.html)

Bobthebuilder 12-29-2005 10:05 AM

Re: Cape Coral / Ft Meyers, FL New Years Day Fun Run - 2006

Update: Now that my little run down to Key West is out of the way it's time to get refocused on our New Years Day fun run. :D
I have spoken with the people up at Burnt Store and they will be ready for us at the Marina and Restaurant. They are going to give us the outside patio area which is great.
I have heard from from several more by phone or PM and it looks like at least 12 boats, however there could be more as word gets around. It will help me greatly if you will let me know one way or the other if you plan on joining us and how many on your boat. I am to give Burnt Store a more accurate count on Saturday. My cell phone is 519 498 6945.
Also I hurt PREDATOR coming back from Key West yesterday. :mad: The doctors are looking at her starboard motor and am unsure if it is fixable or not at this point. I have several offers for a ride if needed but one way or the other I will be there.
Thank you,
Bob

LEOPAJM 12-29-2005 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by expresscat39
Hey Jerry, there is no charge for riding along. I can always use another person who doesn't know what they doing. :D

MAN Dennis .... I'm gonna miss it by about 12 hours ! Loooong story ! Don;t ask ! :(

I will be down all next week. I'd love to .... ummmm ... "buy ya lunch " if ya know what I mean ?!?!?!?! :drink:

JM

salesmanship 12-30-2005 09:35 AM

Where's the rally point and what time?

Bobthebuilder 12-30-2005 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Where's the rally point and what time?

Good morning Terry,

Was wondering where you disappeared to, but then it's that time of year. Glad you are going to join us. The plan is to leave the gas dock at Cape Coral Yacht Club at 11:00 am.
That should be pretty convenient for you. There are some boats from Bonita and Ft Meyers Beach area that I have suggested just meet us near the Sanibel Bridge so they do not have to come up the river. I hope everyone thinks ahead and is fueled up and ready to go at 11:00 am :D

I had a bearing go out on starboard motor of PREDATOR on my way back from Key West on Wednesday. :mad: I will be riding in someone else's boat [ not sure who at this point ]. That will be different for me hitching a ride instead of giving a ride! It will be more relaxing for a change and am actually looking forward to it. :D

The Menace 12-30-2005 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
MAN Dennis .... I'm gonna miss it by about 12 hours ! Loooong story ! Don;t ask ! :(

I will be down all next week. I'd love to .... ummmm ... "buy ya lunch " if ya know what I mean ?!?!?!?! :drink:

JM

Your on!!!

The Menace 12-30-2005 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
There are some boats from Bonita and Ft Meyers Beach area that I have suggested just meet us near the Sanibel Bridge so they do not have to come up the river.

Hi Bob. Sorry to hear about Predator.

Thanks for calling today. Everything looks good on our end. Got her splashed and home on the lift. We have to finish fueling tomorrow (the marina ran out of 93, we are scavenging for octane boost in the morning). See you Sunday south of the draw bridge. Remind everybody that the entire bridge is now Idle Speed.

The Menace

Bobthebuilder 12-31-2005 10:28 AM

Update:

Weather is looking near perfect. Light winds out of the south 5 to 8 MPH. Temp. 79 deg. only slight chance of rain - 20 %
Seas will be flat. :D

I will be riding with Bill Taylor in the Poker Runs America Fountain :D since PREDATOR is laid up for a bit. :(

Looks like at least 12 boats which will make for a manageable size for our first year. Have a Happy and safe New Year. :D

Bob

bearpaw 01-01-2006 12:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Couple of beautiful Nor techs :cool:

Jassman 01-01-2006 04:24 PM

How about some more pics when you all get back.

formula1 01-01-2006 07:06 PM

Wow! I can't believe I missed the Run! :mad: Most of ya'll motored by me on the Miserable Mile in the Caloosahatchee. I was in the 31' Formula (in case you noticed). I slowed down to admire all the great looking boats and listen to all the horsepower! :drink: I hope the weather held out for ya. It looked a little iffy.

We were out just enjoying New Year's Day on the water. Something I've never been able to do until now. I'd say count me in for next year.