Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cape Coral / Ft Meyers, FL New Years Day Fun Run - 2006 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118896-cape-coral-ft-meyers-fl-new-years-day-fun-run-2006-a.html)

Bobthebuilder 01-01-2006 08:38 PM

Re: Cape Coral / Ft Meyers, FL New Years Day Fun Run - 2006

We had a turnout of 15 boats which was a few more than we expected. That was good. The weather was not. The fog lifted by 10:00AM so that was not a problem. The forecast was for a 20% chance of rain and unfortunately it rained 20% of the time !! We were able to dance around some but not all of the weather.
The run started off great with our running the first leg of 30 miles on a flat Gulf of Mexico with no problems. Life was good ! Then our luck changed and we had to deal with a couple of the usual mechanical problems and weather.
The lunch stop at Burnt Store was probably a good choice and everyone seemed to enjoy that. The run back to Cape Coral in the ICW was quick and easy, other than a few rain showers. All in all it was a pretty good day and would have been a great day with better weather.
Thank you, to all who took part and my thanks to Bill Taylor who welcomed me aboard since PREDATOR was laid up. :D
Bob

Bobthebuilder 01-01-2006 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by bearpaw
Couple of beautiful Nor techs :cool:

Thanks for the pics bearpaw. :D The top pic is Terry and Mellisa Sobo in their 36' Nor Tech cat and Frank and Milly Ricardelli [ sp ? ] in their 50' Nor Tech cat Warrior.
Do you have any other pics you can post ?
Bob

Bobthebuilder 01-01-2006 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman
How about some more pics when you all get back.

Thanks for asking Jass. We may be short of pics tho. I forgot my camera [ had something to do with last night !! ]
I have PM'd Dennis the Menace to see if he took any that can be posted. Hopefully so cause it was a day worth sharing even tho we got wet.

Bobthebuilder 01-01-2006 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by formula1
Wow! I can't believe I missed the Run! :mad: Most of ya'll motored by me on the Miserable Mile in the Caloosahatchee. I was in the 31' Formula (in case you noticed). I slowed down to admire all the great looking boats and listen to all the horsepower! :drink: I hope the weather held out for ya. It looked a little iffy.

We were out just enjoying New Year's Day on the water. Something I've never been able to do until now. I'd say count me in for next year.

Hello Formula1,

Yes we did see you. And I thought you were there to join us. Plan on it for next New Years. I expect we will do it again.
We picked up several more awsome boats down at the Sanibel bridge. 40ft Skater / 45ft Sonic/ 43ft Nor Tech cat.
An impressive fleet.

drypipetiger 01-01-2006 08:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Love this pic, and love this rig.....

Maritime_Eng 01-01-2006 09:02 PM

Count me in for next year. I was too hung over to even think about getting in a boat today.

formula1 01-02-2006 06:51 PM

Hey Bobthebuilder, I followed ya'll to the bridge and the headed over to Ft Myers Beach area. Was that your cat over @ Offshore in Cape Coral getting fixed?

I need to get more connected with my local OSO'ers so I can be ready for these fun events! :drink:

The Menace 01-02-2006 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by formula1
Hey Bobthebuilder, I followed ya'll to the bridge and the headed over to Ft Myers Beach area. Was that your cat over @ Offshore in Cape Coral getting fixed?

I need to get more connected with my local OSO'ers so I can be ready for these fun events! :drink:

Bob has a 50 Nortec Deep V.

The Menace 01-02-2006 07:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We didn't get a lot of pics (Erika was the photog). However, Dave W said he took some as well so when he gets home they can be posted.

This was us. A rooster tail makes it a little hard to see the boats lining up to pass.

The Menace 01-02-2006 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice looking Nortec Cat. OK, Is there any other kind?