Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Enough BS, which would you rather own. Outerlimits or Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118914-enough-bs-would-you-rather-own-outerlimits-fountain.html)

IN10SE 12-22-2005 05:04 PM

Re: Enough BS, which would you rather own. Outerlimits or Fountain

You get what you pay for!!!

CMG 12-22-2005 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by epeek
Bad comparison,in your example the most expensive
hand built is faster.......not so in the O.L. vs. Fountain
debate
. As a matter of fact,this pole is assinine. If
they were in the same price catagory it would be one
thing. Since an O.L is about twice the price, The
pole should be.... which would you rather have,for
the money!

put a set of 525's in an OL 39 and a set in a Fountain 42 and my money's on the OL

epeek 12-22-2005 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by CMG
put a set of 525's in an OL 39 and a set in a Fountain 42 and my money's on the OL

Better get your wallet out.

CMG 12-22-2005 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by IN10SE
You get what you pay for!!!

I'm sure anyone can get an Outerlimits with stock power if they wanted to. That is if maintenance was an issue.

Tell Reggie you want a set of 1000+ Sterlings in a Fountain and you'll get em - with the additional 100K + additional cost too

epeek 12-22-2005 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by CMG

By the way,you can by a 42 ex for about 225k
What would the O.L go for? 500K? For 500k I
could by a 42 Fountain with twin 1050,s and blow
your 525 equiped O.L. away!!! Compare money to money.

JasonSmith 12-22-2005 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by 3600cat
One word BAJA!!!! :D

Hey, that Sh*t ain't funny. Some of us are poor. :D

CMG 12-22-2005 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by epeek
By the way,you can by a 42 ex for about 225k
What would the O.L go for? 500K? For 500k I
could by a 42 Fountain with twin 1050,s and blow
your 525 equiped O.L. away!!! Compare money to money.

Pick a side and stick too it! You said the Fountain was faster and unlike vette verses lambo. No secret a custom high quality / non production line OL will cost more. I'm just saying take 2 with equal power and run em in the ocean.

JasonSmith 12-22-2005 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by CMG
Tell Reggie you want a set of 1000+ Sterlings in a Fountain and you'll get em - with the additional 100K + additional cost too

Ummm, Mercury has their hands in Fountain so that is kinda a funny statement you made. I doubt you could "tell" Reggie that you wanted Sterlings and it would happen just like that. I think there would be alot more to it than that. Not saying it wouldn't happen, but come on. Fountain has to look out for Mamma Mercury. They pay the bills.

CMG 12-22-2005 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Ummm, Mercury has their hands in Fountain so that is kinda a funny statement you made. I doubt you could "tell" Reggie that you wanted Sterlings and it would happen just like that. I think there would be alot more to it than that. Not saying it wouldn't happen, but come on. Fountain has to look out for Mamma Mercury. They pay the bills.

They learned to live with his record setting run without them (still had Mercury on the side which was funny, should have specified was Mercury drives!)

blume 12-22-2005 05:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by JasonSmith

ask Fountaindriver he is on here all the time. He didn't have any problem getting 1100/1300 Sterlings in his 42' Fountain