Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Enough BS, which would you rather own. Outerlimits or Fountain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/118914-enough-bs-would-you-rather-own-outerlimits-fountain.html)

JasonSmith 12-22-2005 05:43 PM

Re: Enough BS, which would you rather own. Outerlimits or Fountain

Originally Posted by blume
ask Fountaindriver he is on here all the time. He didn't have any problem getting 1100/1300 Sterlings in his 42' Fountain

Good for him. :drink: Isn't he a dealer?

bojoe2 12-22-2005 05:43 PM

baylinner

JasonSmith 12-22-2005 05:44 PM

Bayliner rules!

Lofty 12-22-2005 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Ummm, Mercury has their hands in Fountain so that is kinda a funny statement you made. I doubt you could "tell" Reggie that you wanted Sterlings and it would happen just like that. I think there would be alot more to it than that. Not saying it wouldn't happen, but come on. Fountain has to look out for Mamma Mercury. They pay the bills.

Better talk to "Buyafountain". He delivered a 42 Fountain to one of our customers here. Came with #6's and 1500 Sterlings. From what the owner says he "Told" Reggie to build it that way. Unless maybe it was an accident :rolleyes:

And I'll take that sweet ride anyday over an OL which is a maintanance pig and nothing like as much fun to drive. imho.

Now if you where talking Apache... Well that's a whole different thing :evilb:

Lofty 12-22-2005 06:00 PM

and yes, Alan4 is still a putz and Bayliners rule!

CMG 12-22-2005 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by blume
ask Fountaindriver he is on here all the time. He didn't have any problem getting 1100/1300 Sterlings in his 42' Fountain

Fountaindriver

Thanks for all the kind remarks, other than the rigging in the engine compartment, I am really happy with my Fountain.

No joke, looking back on it, I should have purchased the hull and deck from Fountain and let Supercat rig it.

Not happy with the detail, for a few extra bucks they could really dress up the engine compartment. Not picking on Fountain as I have owned several of them but they need to step it up a notch or two on rigging and quality control The Cigs have it down, Donzi has come a long way.

Needless to say I am very happy with my Fountain. Retail price of my boat is around 500K

CMG 12-22-2005 06:08 PM

its a lot of $ to spend and not be happy with detail

CBR 12-22-2005 06:35 PM

Take my twelve foot Seveylor with 1/2 horsepower electric trolling motor, put it in a cat 5 hurricane, and it is faster than an Outer Limits or a Fountain! Electric power and inflatables rules!!!! Humm, could be true in other areas too!

Too Old 12-22-2005 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by GLH
F the sleeping bag, if you do it right... :rolleyes: :drink: :D

......and you're doing it up right. :drink:

Panther 12-22-2005 07:46 PM

I couldn't afford a new OL or a new Fountain but it's obvious when you look at both that the rigging an build quality are drastically different between the two.

I was at the AC boat show last winter and looked at a brand new 47 Fountain, the glass work in bildge looked like it should have been called a resin bucket, and I'm the one with an Apache.. :D

I've also been in both boats in rough water, the OL hands down handles better and feels more "comfortable" than the Fountain.