Ez pass fast lane WATCH OUT

Notices

Ez pass fast lane WATCH OUT

Old 12-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation Ez pass fast lane WATCH OUT

For years you could trailer with your ez pass and not get charged for the trailer. NOT ANY MORE!! I am not sure if this means that you no longer have to call them up to make changes when towing or not. Also be aware that if you have roof racks on your truck and or car that they are saying that these trick the sensors into thinking that you have a trailer behind you
Old 12-25-2005, 12:37 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Ez pass fast lane WATCH OUT

Hey Jon.......................Thanks!!!
Old 12-25-2005, 07:36 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don.t laugh at me but with the states now using photo radar and sending you a ticket in the mail I would suspect in the fast lanes they can also clock how fast you are going use the IPASS to know who you are and..................
Old 12-25-2005, 07:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by klaw
don.t laugh at me but with the states now using photo radar and sending you a ticket in the mail I would suspect in the fast lanes they can also clock how fast you are going use the IPASS to know who you are and..................
Yep, I know someone (who shall remain nameless ) who got a letter in the mail asking them to not tow a trailer through the ezpass lanes going 67 mph.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:49 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We dont have problems like that in Mississippi.We just got stop lights last year

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audiofn
For years you could trailer with your ez pass and not get charged for the trailer. NOT ANY MORE!! I am not sure if this means that you no longer have to call them up to make changes when towing or not. Also be aware that if you have roof racks on your truck and or car that they are saying that these trick the sensors into thinking that you have a trailer behind you
Jon, Is there a story that goes with this? What changed? Doug
Old 12-25-2005, 07:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

I just towed my boat from VA to NY about 3 weeks ago. The first 3 tow booths that I came to, I stopped and asked if there was an additional charge and they just waved me on and said no. After that I didn't even slow down.

I always roll through the Chesapeake Bay Brigde and it shows up on my statement as just a car.

Do they have a website?
Old 12-25-2005, 08:59 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by outriggers
Jon, Is there a story that goes with this? What changed? Doug
Nope no story YET. I just saw a new artical on it last night. I know that I have always thought it was one of those things that they were going to work out but had not yet. Well I guess that they have figured out a way to do it..... ALMOST

As for the speeding tickets with Fast lane. I have heard that also but I highly doubt that they will start to do that. This is a way for the state to save a TON of money. If they started to do that you would see a lot of people hand them back in I would think. Secondly you go through tolls so fast that you can actually drive slower and arrive at the same time. I have had people blow past me and then I go past them as they waite in the toll lines. I never see them again. NY is the only state that you can register your dually as a car so I got mine there. It saves me HUGE on tolls. In Maine with out the fast lane it is 4.40 for me to go through, with it only 1.75 each time. Can you say LOOP HOLE

I think that their website is www.ezpass.com and you just pick your state?

Jon
Old 12-25-2005, 09:11 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've beat the NJTP and GW bridge in NY while towing. The Delaware Memorial Bridge is a differemt story . My SRW F350 is normally $3.00 toll , with tandem axle trailer $6.00. Twice , for some reason they charged me $12.00. I fought it and got a refund.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Think about it - 5 toll booths through Illinois. I80 to Wisconsin. They know exactly what time you go through the booths and how far apart they are. NOBODY does anything les than 10 over on 294 when there's no traffic. If you ain't doing 75, you are getting run over!
Gotta wonder when they'll start issuing tickets through the system? Probably when they have a big budget shortfall.

Quick Reply: Ez pass fast lane WATCH OUT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.