Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boating Magazines (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/11902-boating-magazines.html)

32fever 01-30-2002 06:44 PM

Boating Magazines

I'm sure many of you subscribe to boating mags. I do, in fact, more than I have time to check out, and I even get Yachting magazine and I never ordered it :eek:

What do you guys do with your old magazines? Do you pitch them after a certain period of time, or do you save them? When the new bedroom furniture gets here, I will have to "liquidate" my mags from the bedroom, not sure if I should keep them or pitch.

I used to save all my Car & Drivers when I subscribed and lived at home with ma & pa, but wound up giving them out to a friend who was collecting them when I moved to an apartment, had no room, and they said get this crap outta my basement. :eek:

Anyway, what do you guys do with your old boating mags? If you save them, is there any value to doing so? Or is it just for reference material?

bucky 01-30-2002 07:43 PM

Must be a winter project for a lot of us. I'm currently breezing thru them looking for anything worth remembering and then pitching them in the trash. At my beloveds urging.

Waterfoul 01-30-2002 07:50 PM

I've got years and years of Powerboat and Hot Boat. You looking for anything in particular Marky Marc??? LOL!!!!!

traviss 01-30-2002 07:53 PM

I have about 5yrs of hotboat, boating, lakeland boating, powerboat and a few truck mags.... I'll say my closet is full :eek: I find it nice to be able to look back and find a article and tips.. :D

Risk Taker 01-30-2002 08:14 PM

I usually keep them around (boating mags, golf mags, home improv mags, etc.) for a few months, then cut out any articles that I want to keep, and throw the rest out. I keep notebooks by topic for the articles....definitely cuts down on the clutter..... :) :)

Shorgasm 01-30-2002 08:41 PM

Hey 32Fever....I heard they have this great magazine about guys who paid for bigger boats and got smaller ones..... :rolleyes:

Oh I'm sorry I was thinking about the Fountain owner's manual...... :eek: :eek:

Madcow 01-30-2002 09:05 PM

I save all my powerboats, and have for over 10 years. There has been several times someone I know has wanted an artice about a boat they bought, or were thinking about buying. It's been nice having them.

32fever 01-30-2002 11:27 PM

Originally posted by shorgasm:
<STRONG>Hey 32Fever....I heard they have this great magazine about guys who paid for bigger boats and got smaller ones..... :rolleyes:

Oh I'm sorry I was thinking about the Fountain owner's manual...... :eek: :eek:</STRONG>
Yeah, I heard Bayliners come with a free subscription to "Wannabee Illustrated"

:p

crmax 01-31-2002 12:02 AM

anyone have a mag with a story on the 99 20' wellcraft excalibur?

Jan 01-31-2002 07:28 AM

Save all of mine, Powerboat and Hotboat since 1997. Great source of info on the 29- 32ft boats that they tested. (they are starting to get in my price range).

Jan