Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ez pass fast lane WATCH OUT (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119069-ez-pass-fast-lane-watch-out.html)

bgchuby01 12-25-2005 12:35 PM

Re: Ez pass fast lane WATCH OUT

All I know is that out here in sunny california we don't have things called tolls. I personally have both the easy pass and the sun pass to haul the boats around but never checked the statement to see how much I was getting billed for each time

Audiofn 12-25-2005 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by waybomb
Think about it - 5 toll booths through Illinois. I80 to Wisconsin. They know exactly what time you go through the booths and how far apart they are. NOBODY does anything les than 10 over on 294 when there's no traffic. If you ain't doing 75, you are getting run over!
Gotta wonder when they'll start issuing tickets through the system? Probably when they have a big budget shortfall.

Well lets just say that I aint no angel behind the wheel and I have not gotten any tickets yet. When I travel to my mother and father in laws the average is in the 80's.

Jon

JB4Boyne 12-25-2005 02:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Well lets just say that I aint no angel behind the wheel and I have not gotten any tickets yet. When I travel to my mother and father in laws the average is in the 80's.

Jon

I wish I could say I havn't got a ticket :evilb:
I got stopped one time and I knew he had me good, so when he ask me if I knew how fast I was going I told him No, the speedometer stops at 85, he didn't think that was funny :(
But hey I do slow down alittle when the roads get $hity :eek: JB

Audiofn 12-25-2005 03:03 PM

Well I have been stopped, I have never received a ticket by then saying that I made it from exit a to exit b to fast.

Jon

BattleCry 12-25-2005 09:20 PM

Think about it - 5 toll booths through Illinois. I80 to Wisconsin. They know exactly what time you go through the booths and how far apart they are. NOBODY does anything les than 10 over on 294 when there's no traffic. If you ain't doing 75, you are getting run over!
Gotta wonder when they'll start issuing tickets through the system? Probably when they have a big budget shortfall.

I'm an IL resident and there IS already a big budget shortfall. All government contract work and state healthcare bills are more than 120 Days past due. Its coming.

Sydwayz 12-25-2005 10:17 PM

OH and PA do this already. If you get to the next booth too fast, they just don't open the gate. The officer just walks out of the office and writes you a ticket. I have seen it happen in both states.

cig1988 12-26-2005 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by BattleCry
I'm an IL resident and there IS already a big budget shortfall. All government contract work and state healthcare bills are more than 120 Days past due. Its coming.

In the commercial class 8 world a drivers been known to be ticketed for speeding from port of entry scale to port of exit scale.
All of our trucks have ez-pass. A while back, one driver was warned for speeding thru toll booths. Kept doing it & they eventually suspended the pass on that unit No speeding ticket but it sucked to be him for a while.

Love Machine 12-26-2005 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by OldSchool
I just towed my boat from VA to NY about 3 weeks ago. The first 3 tow booths that I came to, I stopped and asked if there was an additional charge and they just waved me on and said no. After that I didn't even slow down. :D :evilb: :evilb:

I always roll through the Chesapeake Bay Brigde and it shows up on my statement as just a car. :cool:

Do they have a website?

Craig, when I towed the Sonic over the 301 Potomac bridge I got nailed for $12 using ezpass (5 axles). Not sure what math they used. This was about a year ago.

CAP071 12-26-2005 09:18 AM

I just don't understand how they have a 5 mph speed limit on ezpass tollbooths. the lines at times are just as long if not longer then paying lanes :rolleyes: Remove the toll booths completely and just hang sensors overhead so i can just keep driving :D

Audiofn 12-26-2005 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by CAP071
I just don't understand how they have a 5 mph speed limit on ezpass tollbooths. the lines at times are just as long if not longer then paying lanes :rolleyes: Remove the toll booths completely and just hang sensors overhead so i can just keep driving :D

NJ has full speed fast lane. It is fantastic. You never have to slow down at all. About a 1/2 mile before the booths you go off into your own two or three lanes and just keep motoring. 1/2 mile later you merge back in with the other people. Around us they are all 10 mph but I ussually go throgh at 15 or so. Still WAY better then fumbling with change, rolling down the window and so on. I still do not buy the conspiracy that they give tickets from point A-B as I motor at way over the speed limit all the times on my long long trips. Short trips I rarely speed in exess as you do not save time. There is a good chance that that person ripped through a trap or something..... I am not saying that they will not do it but I will check the web site later and see if they say anything about it.

Jon