Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How many miss the old/new oso???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119194-how-many-miss-old-new-oso.html)

traviss 12-28-2005 08:37 PM

Re: How many miss the old/new oso????

sorry i could not lurk anymore in this thead. Its sad what OSO has turned into. When I first joined OSO I looked up to all the people that helped me with my problems and kept a smile on my face through the day while I was in school and I wanted to be like these people. The older members that have been around OSO since its birth, you know who you are and I still greatly respect you. These days I don't even want to be associated with OSO.. It has turned into a big circus. I use to be like this but.. I GREW UP...

all you newbies... look at the join date.. 2000

SENORITY rules.... plain and simple

and for you people wondering.. I still have the bat and I always will :mad:

Go ahead.. rip on me call me names... I don't care.. I won't lower myself to the present OSO.

Ms PatriYacht 12-28-2005 08:48 PM

Well said Traviss, I have been around a bit longer than my join date since I used to lurk on Mr P's membership and hate the change I have been seeing. It is also a shame that very few members care to stick up for the old OSO when there was less moderation because it was not needed. Perhaps a hammer instead of a plunger will keep this place from going down the drain. If you are reading this and really like OSO then be part of the positive stuff that makes the board grow, not the crap that one tries to pass off in the wrong place as humor. I am out of this thread, thanks for those that stuck up for me and PM'd me kind words :D

PS I could not pull up those threads of mine, they must of been old. Like most of the members I now try to post my threads in the most appropriate forum

Too Old 12-28-2005 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20
i know its all fine and dandy that the gd is full of johnny do gooders, i say it sucks and the site is no better than speedwake... ....... i will bring the fun back to oso... i will bring oso back to its glory... so ive said it let it be written.........Mr. Wonderful

To answer your question, I miss the old OSO. But I suspect it's not the same "old OSO" that you miss. Since you're not specific, I can only assume you miss the old OSO of a few weeks back. With all due respect I don't miss that at all.

Hijacked threads and "hey look at me" immature posts completely dominated the General Discusion Forum. Some people love it. A bunch of others don't. I'm guilty of getting caught up in the "Big Scotty event" myself. That's something I'm less than proud of and I did apologize to the target of my rath.

A fair number of people choose to not participate in the forums these days because of the content and hijacking. It's easy enough to avoid peoples threads you know will be of no interest. That's true enough. Unfortunately, it got to the point you couldn't even read a serious boating related thread without being assulted by the same nonsense you tried to avoid.

Racist remarks and personal attacks were rampant and interjected into others posts. Some might find that humorous, but many others find it offensive and unfortunately, inescapable. It shows a lack of common courtesy for the members of this community who might choose to participate in actual boating discussions and avoid the hijinx.

There you have it. You've asked a question and I've tried to respond in a reasonable and respectful manner.:)

CAP071 12-28-2005 09:19 PM

Let's all meet at Subway and talk about this! :drink:

stecz20 12-28-2005 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by TRICK
To answer your question, I miss the old OSO. But I suspect it's not the same "old OSO" that you miss. Since you're not specific, I can only assume you miss the old OSO of a few weeks back. With all due respect I don't miss that at all.

Hijacked threads and "hey look at me" immature posts completely dominated the General Discusion Forum. Some people love it. A bunch of others don't. I'm guilty of getting caught up in the "Big Scotty event" myself. That's something I'm less than proud of and I did apologize to the target of my rath.

A fair number of people choose to not participate in the forums these days because of the content and hijacking. It's easy enough to avoid peoples threads you know will be of no interest. That's true enough. Unfortunately, it got to the point you couldn't even read a serious boating related thread without being assulted by the same nonsense you tried to avoid.

Racist remarks and personal attacks were rampant and interjected into others posts. Some might find that humorous, but many others find it offensive and unfortunately, inescapable. It shows a lack of common courtesy for the members of this community who might choose to participate in actual boating discussions and avoid the hijinx.

There you have it. You've asked a question and I've tried to respond in a reasonable and respectful manner.:)

well said.... i agree with you on many levels, and im sure so does the rest of oso... this thread was not meant to cause trouble, nor was it meant to bring attention to any group or person.. grouping everyone together cause of a few bad apples is also not right... no matter what is posted on this thread oso will go its way, for the good or for the bad... members will come and go, for good reasons and for reasons they wish did not exsist. i remember lurking on here in 01 and 02 and the same game was going on, only with the apache guys.. the game is always the same, just different players... same questions, same crew of do gooders, and some bad apples mixed in the bunch.. the game stays the same, just a differnet shift is all...

JCPERF 12-28-2005 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20
well said.... i agree with you on many levels, and im sure so does the rest of oso... this thread was not meant to cause trouble, nor was it meant to bring attention to any group or person.. grouping everyone together cause of a few bad apples is also not right... no matter what is posted on this thread oso will go its way, for the good or for the bad... members will come and go, for good reasons and for reasons they wish did not exsist. i remember lurking on here in 01 and 02 and the same game was going on, only with the apache guys.. the game is always the same, just different players... same questions, same crew of do gooders, and some bad apples mixed in the bunch.. the game stays the same, just a differnet shift is all...

Stecz, am i one of those bad apples that is getting mentioned on here? :( :D

epeek 12-28-2005 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by otis311
BINGO, You hit the nail right directly on the head there . It gets old real,real fast . I find most all the stuff funny and not offensive, but it gets old and turns me off when everyother thread turns into the same old $hit. I have nothing against anyone involved here at all, and I consider a few of them friends, but it does turn this member, who has been around since the inception of this board, off to the extent of looking at other sites instead of this one. And yes, I too have spent ALOT (dont even make me post my spendings)of money with the advertizers of this board, so, by loosing members because of the games, all will suffer

My advise, either tone it down or keep it to a specific thread . Stop the hijacking

Love and Kisses

Bob

What he said!

Lucididee 12-28-2005 09:52 PM

Quite frankly the only difference between the OLD OSO and the NEW OSO, is that back in the day people knew how to take a joke!. Jeez, whe you had a good Apache vs ???????? or Fountain vs ???????? threads. It got down and out nasty. Just seems more people are more uptight then they used to be.

I work in Manahattan, and there in not a day that goes buy that I do not see, hear nor read that I find offensive. But what do I do, I mumble a few choice words uder my breath and go on my way. It's turning into the "Howard Stern" effect. Somme find him funny some find him offensive. Some listen to him because they like, and some listen to him just so he can "F" up and report it to the FCC. And in turn he don't give a crap, he just makes more money.

I am sure that at least every person on this board has posted something I disagreed with or found offensive in some way. But, for the most post, I state my opinion and that's it. I don't go crying to anymore and say that I find if offensive and this person needs to be banned, or to please tell them not to talk that way anymore. Jeez, I thought we were all grown adults, and ddn't have to go back to High School and act like immature brats. Grow up already! Forums were disigned for entertainment, and that's what it is. When you watch TV and you don't like the show, you change channels. So if you don't like the way a thread is going, stop reading it and go to the next thread. I don't get, I really don't get. Some of those that posted on this thread, have voiced there opinions in strong ways and have also said some things that were way outta line in the past, so why are these people being self-righteous and standing on a soap box? Knock it off already!!!!!!!!!!! Get over it!!!

JCPERF 12-28-2005 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Lucididee
Quite frankly the only difference between the OLD OSO and the NEW OSO, is that back in the day people knew how to take a joke!. Jeez, whe you had a good Apache vs ???????? or Fountain vs ???????? threads. It got down and out nasty. Just seems more people are more uptight then they used to be.

I work in Manahattan, and there in not a day that goes buy that I do not see, hear nor read that I find offensive. But what do I do, I mumble a few choice words uder my breath and go on my way. It's turning into the "Howard Stern" effect. Somme find him funny some find him offensive. Some listen to him because they like, and some listen to him just so he can "F" up and report it to the FCC. And in turn he don't give a crap, he just makes more money.

I am sure that at least every person on this board has posted something I disagreed with or found offensive in some way. But, for the most post, I state my opinion and that's it. I don't go crying to anymore and say that I find if offensive and this person needs to be banned, or to please tell them not to talk that way anymore. Jeez, I thought we were all grown adults, and ddn't have to go back to High School and act like immature brats. Grow up already! Forums were disigned for entertainment, and that's what it is. When you watch TV and you don't like the show, you change channels. So if you don't like the way a thread is going, stop reading it and go to the next thread. I don't get, I really don't get. Some of those that posted on this thread, have voiced there opinions in strong ways and have also said some things that were way outta line in the past, so why are these people being self-righteous and standing on a soap box? Knock it off already!!!!!!!!!!! Get over it!!!

I have never been offended ever on here. :D Nice post Dee.I agree

stecz20 12-28-2005 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Stecz, am i one of those bad apples that is getting mentioned on here? :( :D

never, your my lover... i love you....