Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How many miss the old/new oso???? >

How many miss the old/new oso????

Notices

How many miss the old/new oso????

Old 12-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How many miss the old/new oso????

im just for having fun and laughs, thats what we do.. we do it well...
Old 12-28-2005, 09:59 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20
never, your my lover... i love you....
This post proves we exclude no one.....While most of us are heterosexual, we welcome Stecz the homo!
Old 12-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Registered

yeashhhh.... jc its mahser, he is our bad apple... we need to send him to finishing school.....
Old 12-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
This post proves we exclude no one.....While most of us are heterosexual, we welcome Stecz the homo!
Not that theres anything wrong with it
Old 12-28-2005, 10:03 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Not that theres anything wrong with it
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that...........
Old 12-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Registered

jc is always there for me.. he is a true friend, not like masher.. he wont even answer the phone...
Old 12-29-2005, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRICK
To answer your question, I miss the old OSO. But I suspect it's not the same "old OSO" that you miss. Since you're not specific, I can only assume you miss the old OSO of a few weeks back. With all due respect I don't miss that at all.

Hijacked threads and "hey look at me" immature posts completely dominated the General Discusion Forum. Some people love it. A bunch of others don't. I'm guilty of getting caught up in the "Big Scotty event" myself. That's something I'm less than proud of and I did apologize to the target of my rath.

A fair number of people choose to not participate in the forums these days because of the content and hijacking. It's easy enough to avoid peoples threads you know will be of no interest. That's true enough. Unfortunately, it got to the point you couldn't even read a serious boating related thread without being assulted by the same nonsense you tried to avoid.

Racist remarks and personal attacks were rampant and interjected into others posts. Some might find that humorous, but many others find it offensive and unfortunately, inescapable. It shows a lack of common courtesy for the members of this community who might choose to participate in actual boating discussions and avoid the hijinx.

There you have it. You've asked a question and I've tried to respond in a reasonable and respectful manner.
Yup....I also got tired of seeing the same old drunken Homo,plunger jokes in every thread posted.And the gang mentality if anyone didnt agree. I never complained to OSO nor will I ever but, You asked & It's not fair for me to let a couple people that i agree with get beat up on this thread.
You guys have your own playground now..You should feel honered !
Old 12-29-2005, 07:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by birdog

I also got tired of seeing the same old drunken Homo,plunger jokes in every thread posted.And the gang mentality if anyone didnt agree.
You guys have your own playground now..You should feel honered !
I won't disagree with you but...Stecz called me and told me about this thread and I have held off on posting on it for various reasons.
When I came into the office on monday and read an email from Fred that was dated christmas eve I was flattered, first by the content, and secondly after allowing it to sink in for a minute, that even though he and I agreed to disagree he took time out on the eve of a huge holiday to write it. He took the time to write me, he made the first gesture and his letter was worded more than appropiatly. For this I commend him and am Im more than happy to look to the future and my respect for Fred and his business has been restored and strengthened.
Yes, some threads did get hijacked and both my friends and our midwestern friends have changed our tones to be more conciensous of peoples threads.
We are honored that both sets of friends have our own playground, yet it has come to our attention through various sources that certain individuals still complain about the content in our own areas...Think of them as a "uncensored" section to a degree...don't go there if you feel you may be offended.
Everyone for the most parts starts their threads in GD to get exposure and then the mods have to move them, this was evident by the links that Dave posted and I think his point was proven. However I hear everyone say that threads of this type ruin the good threads...ok, my question is this...for all of the people that dont like this type of thread how come they all responded here, but let the thread with the questions about the optima blue top battery go unnoticed?? arent you here to help people? that thread had zero responses... are we being hypocritical? buying into sensationalism? there are so many that are concerned with post counts or saying something just to be heard or have an affliction for restating the obvious.
Just because you have the right to say or do something, doesnt make you right in saying or doing it....
Old 12-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I can only speak for myself,Rob...I have NO problem with anything you guys post in your areas !& if some are complaining they are dead wrong{ IMO} Some of it is quite funny. I'm just glad to see it stay there & not mixed in with other threads. I like you & Stecz & wish you no ill will. Glad you & Fred got it sorted out. He is a good guy. Us "Old" guys just get a little grouchy sometimes
Old 12-29-2005, 10:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I won't disagree with you but...Stecz called me and told me about this thread and I have held off on posting on it for various reasons.

I understand and did the same. First, I want to be sure to respond to a thread like this after a little time to reflect. After my now famous rant, I recognize the importance of sometimes holding back to assure I'm rational or my meds are in balance.
When I came into the office on monday and read an email from Fred that was dated christmas eve I was flattered, first by the content, and secondly after allowing it to sink in for a minute, that even though he and I agreed to disagree he took time out on the eve of a huge holiday to write it. He took the time to write me, he made the first gesture and his letter was worded more than appropiatly. For this I commend him and am Im more than happy to look to the future and my respect for Fred and his business has been restored and strengthened.

Rob, I owed you an apology. I'm not sure whio it made feel better....me or you. Life's short and our argument over an imaginary character is proof that winter has arrived!

Yes, some threads did get hijacked and both my friends and our midwestern friends have changed our tones to be more conciensous of peoples threads.

What more can anyone ask for? I appreciate the the gesture and I'm confident others do too.

We are honored that both sets of friends have our own playground, yet it has come to our attention through various sources that certain individuals still complain about the content in our own areas...Think of them as a "uncensored" section to a degree...don't go there if you feel you may be offended.

Point taken and I agree. (but it's hard to turn away from that train wreck ]

Everyone for the most parts starts their threads in GD to get exposure and then the mods have to move them, this was evident by the links that Dave posted and I think his point was proven. However I hear everyone say that threads of this type ruin the good threads...ok, my question is this...for all of the people that dont like this type of thread how come they all responded here, but let the thread with the questions about the optima blue top battery go unnoticed?? arent you here to help people? that thread had zero responses... are we being hypocritical? buying into sensationalism? there are so many that are concerned with post counts or saying something just to be heard or have an affliction for restating the obvious.

You're right, we could all be more helpful. I think part of our "excuse" for not responding to these threads is that these questions have been asked so many times over the years. We all have to remember not everyone has been around here for five years. If we pass over what seem like simple questions from new members, I'm sure they feel less than welcome. Most of us can do better in this regard.

Just because you have the right to say or do something, doesnt make you right in saying or doing it....
Agreed

Good points Rob

Quick Reply: How many miss the old/new oso????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.