Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How many miss the old/new oso???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119194-how-many-miss-old-new-oso.html)

fund razor 12-30-2005 03:13 PM

Re: How many miss the old/new oso????

Originally Posted by bryanspeedracer
My perception is that it's all about egos "Hey everybody, look at me. I'm cool".

What... performance boating?

No.. just kidding.

But I think that I missed some of the offensive threads.
That's ok. It saved me from getting offended. :D

I don't think that a mild hijacking is so wrong. Some of my best posts have been humor hijackings. But I don't do it in the tech section. Except for that one time. Sorry Jim. :)

I think that when you have a thread about a little kid who likes to see the dancing bananas so everyone should post dancing bananas.... it's pretty clear that we need the over 18 stuff to be in it's own yard.
Not to mention the people at work. I can't do it much these days, but some can and that's a lot of traffic.

I think that simply applying the same standards that we would in public is more than reasonable.

People have argued that it is a private club, and it is. But some sections have huge glass windows. If people use a little self control I don't see why the good natured ribbing and occasional hijack needs to be cause for panic.

cuda 12-30-2005 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by CAP071
Let's all meet at Subway and talk about this! :drink:

Now that might be the funniest thing you've ever posted Capo! :D

cuda 12-30-2005 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Hey Stecz ... Ill get them for ya ....

:eek:

You want it poured over your head or shoved up your a**? :D :drink:

:eek: :eek: :eek:
I love your style RG! :evilb:

cuda 12-30-2005 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by masher44
well said... brains and looks.... it is even more clear now why you will be my future wife...

Get off my girl! I had dibbs on her before you were ever on here..................now, if I could just find the money for that OL, I might have a shot! :drink:

cuda 12-31-2005 12:15 AM

Okay, I guess I should weigh in here, though I tend to stay out of these kinds of posts, they only bring ill will if you really say what you mean.

About a year ago, when Mash, JC, et all first got started bashing each other, I posted something in a thread about all the highjacking. A couple days later, JC posted something about he knew I didn't like him. I sent him a pm explaining that wasn't the case at all, I actually think he's very damn funny, it's just that it got tiresome to see it on damn near every thread. If you've noticed, it's not very often JC gets in these volleyball matches of bashing, unless that was the intentional start of the thread. He and I talked it out, and we have become good friends since. His number is on Deb's cell phone, and the call to him was the first thing she did when my boat turned punk! :)

Mash, no offense intended, but I swear to God I thought you were a fifteen year old back then. :) It might have been because of the old font your avatar used to have. :)

My thought on the question at hand is, Oso is kind of like a big bowling team. Some good natured ribbing is damn near required, but it can't be that it takes precedence over every topic. We can all tell when a thread is just for shts and giggles, and it's no holds barred then.

I know I'm the number one post ho on the site, but I swear I've never intended it, or meant it to happen, it's just that this board has become a major focus of my life. To be quite honest with you, you have no idea what a difference it has made. Before Oso consumed all my thoughts, I was always bored in the evenings, and I've never been much of one to watch the boob tube. Well, to ward off that boredom, I used to go to the bar EVERY NIGHT! I drank like a fish, and I don't just mean once in a while, it was what I did, just like now Oso is what I do! I'm not kidding when I say that Oso has been the main reason for me changing my lifestyle for the better. I don't get offended, and it's much easier on my liver. :)

Another thought of mine, sometimes I may make a nothing post, just because I don't want people to feel slighted by being ignored on the site, especially someone new to the site. I know a lot of questions have been asked many, many times, but we shouldn't make a new person feel like a dumbass for asking it.

And that's all I have to say about that! (said in my best Forrest Gump voice) :)

Airpacker 12-31-2005 09:12 AM

Hey Joe, you are a post ho because you love hitting the submit button. check the author of the previous FOUR posts :)
If we all used FOUR posts for every responce we submitted, you wouldn't be the only one with 15,000 posts.

bryanspeedracer 12-31-2005 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by fund razor
I don't think that a mild hijacking is so wrong. Some of my best posts have been humor hijackings. But I don't do it in the tech section. Except for that one time. Sorry Jim. :)

I agree. You know when to quit, and get the topic back on track.

You have always been all class and you avatar proves it
:drink:

Macklin 12-31-2005 11:06 AM

Great post Cuda. And great thread this is.

My thoughts are that all the hijinks and hijackings takes me back to high school days. We all grow up one day....

masher44 12-31-2005 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by cuda
Mash, no offense intended, but I swear to God I thought you were a fifteen year old back then. :) It might have been because of the old font your avatar used to have. :)

:)

Thats why JC made me come to Jax.... he said you hated me too.... :D

pullmytrigger 12-31-2005 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by pull my trigger
Stecz......Exactly what time period do you consider to be the "old" OSO........to me the "old" OSO was the D Man, Blonde Cig Chick, Rivergirl, Troutly,Travis, Nort and that Florida guy with the Bayliner days........

So.......