Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How many miss the old/new oso???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119194-how-many-miss-old-new-oso.html)

Wobble 04-19-2010 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by jayboat (Post 3091141)
I, too, would like to know where you figure the 'original premise of the accusations had largely been discounted'.

If the thread isn't re-opened I intend to start a new one and will be happy to explain any questions you have in greater detail. If you don't care to wait, just shoot me a pm, as I don't wish to sidetrack this thread.

Jay, as someone with no inside information. I have to say that the communications that you posted detail a series of errors but in my observers opinion failed to convince.

Interceptor 04-19-2010 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Wobble (Post 3091145)
Jay, as someone with no inside information. I have to say that the communications that you posted detail a series of errors but in my observers opinion failed to convince.

Concur.

Wobble 04-19-2010 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Wobble (Post 3091145)

I might also add that if it was a persons intent to defraud, why write the original bad check and set yourself up for 2-10 years (under Texas law, not sure what law would apply in this situation)

jayboat 04-19-2010 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Wobble (Post 3091180)
I might also add that if it was a persons intent to defraud, why write the original bad check and set yourself up for 2-10 years (under Texas law, not sure what law would apply in this situation)

A good question, a no brainer if both parties are in the same state. Now, I don't know the laws re intrastate transactions, but I can tell you that a friend of mine in North Carolina who owns a jewelry store was burned by a guy in Indiana for $80,000 a while back. It was a transaction consummated with a check. He told me there was basically nothing he could do about it. If a credit card has been used, he would have had some recourse. Perhaps someone with legal knowledge could chime in.

With regard to intent, I think it is important to look at the entire picture- the pattern of behavior, beginning with all the PROVEN outrageous claims of boat ownership, with not a single photo of him in any of them. That alone is a fairly large red flag in my opinion.

Yes, I have been privy to more information than has been made public. And because of my close relationship with Alec and the other guys, it helps me see these things in a different light. It's easy for those on the outside to dismiss an allegation as 'hearsay', and I totally understand that, since they weren't the one who actually heard it.

This is not over. The truth will come out.

Wobble 04-19-2010 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Wobble (Post 3091090)
I for one, wasn't surprised to see it go, the thread was mostly vicious and likely slander, by the time it died the original premise of the accusations had largely been discounted.

To make matters worse the poll had public results of who voted what. I'd like to think that many probably selected a poll choice before reading the whole thread and the rebuttals.

It was an impressive lynch mob while it lasted.

THERE IS NO POINT IN CHANGING THIS POST AS IT HAS BEEN QUOTED.

I have come across further information that causes me to see the original thread in a different light.

It does seem that Offshoredrillin and Jayboat have good reason for their stand.

I am not sure what else to say at this point.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 04-19-2010 06:20 PM

I left a site for a month and was asked to come back several times.

I was told things would be different...

I did not last even an hour posting there before someone complained..... :rolleyes:

Sorry, but if I can't have the same posting privileges as everyone else and respond to the membership, then I have no willingness to be there.

This same thing happened a year ago over there.

I won't bother posting his name.... He might be a member here and i don't him to complain here too !!!
:bsflag:

You just can't make this crap up !!!

In his own words last year:

http://www.sharkey-images.com/audio/ffv.mp3

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW ???
:angry-smiley-038:

Can't we all just get along ??? :kiss:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 04-19-2010 06:50 PM

What does S O S stand for ??? :eek:

(Running a test. Results are what I expected.)

Comanche3Six 04-19-2010 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES (Post 3091370)
What does S O S stand for ??? :eek:

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/im...29309719-3.jpg

Bingo!

Chris Sunkin 04-19-2010 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES (Post 3091354)
I left a site for a month and was asked to come back several times.

I was told things would be different...

I did not last even an hour posting there before someone complained..... :rolleyes:

It took you all of three posts to trample on one of Freeze Frame's threads when you knew you weren't to do that. You did it deliberately so you could run back here and cry. I have to tell you, dealing with your childish behavior over the last year and a half has been one of the most trying experiences of my life.

I thought your screaming temper tantrum at our party in Miami was out of the ordinary. I chalked it up to a guy having a long day. I was gracious in accepting your apology. But you immediately went back to your old ways. Some never learn.

Comanche3Six 04-19-2010 07:47 PM

Chris
I've never seen a guy have so many problems with so may people as you.......are they all wrong or is the problem elsewhere?