Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How many miss the old/new oso???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119194-how-many-miss-old-new-oso.html)

tomtbone1993 12-27-2005 11:51 PM

Re: How many miss the old/new oso????

this thread needs to be placed back on track........06 is a new year.....

stecz20 12-27-2005 11:55 PM

yes back on track.... the morning crew will be around soon...

tomtbone1993 12-27-2005 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20
yes back on track.... the morning crew will be around soon...

yes they will...its almost time for me to clock out

Reed Jensen 12-28-2005 03:42 AM

[QUOTE=bouyhunter]OSO is evolving.
I like it - it's like that awkward junior high girl, that show's up next year as a knockout :cool:
There are some that have been around for a long time, and some newbies - that I might add, have plenty to contribute.
I think it's OK to bust balls with each other (those that know each other i.e. been here a while, or actually KNOW each other)

* Sniff *... I know I'm an old post whore around here.... * sniff *... I guess I'll have to pay up so I can see the pictures and be included again... *sniff*........ :evilb:

GLH 12-28-2005 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Stecz.....you are good enough.....smart enough...and people like you....... :D

Now that's offensive.

fund razor 12-28-2005 05:55 AM

Only the lurkers could think that this site is not worth the price.

I could do a list like Stecz except it would be what I have saved by knowing OSO people.

A couple of my best friends are from OSO.

People from OSO have helped me with my boat. People from OSO look out for me when I am on the water. People from OSO have prayed for my family. People from OSO have offered me jobs. People from OSO have been very good to me.

Maybe what the lurkers are missing is the actual real friends that can be made through this site.

Too bad that Steve has to be the babysitter for a couple folks who confuse freedom with poor taste. Sometimes people need to use self control.

But there is no way that a lurker can fairly evaluate the whole scope of the OSO experience.

Emaginashun 12-28-2005 08:41 AM

stecz20 - I think you broke OSO! It is acting slow and everything is out of proportion on my screen!

Airpacker 12-28-2005 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by t500hps
I have no problem with the threads about nothing, SBRT, or whose gonna beat who. As stated, you can choose to read them or not. Stecz and the other characters dialogue is usually pretty dam funny and I do tend to read those threads. I did have a conversation with Rob (offshoredrillin) complaining about one aspect back around key west time. My ONLY complaint that was voiced ONLY to Rob was the hi-jacking of nearly every thread on the board. If the SBRT'ers and e'dockers want to pop off 10 threads about BS in GD then that's fine, just leave a serious thread alone. For a short period of time you couldn't have a serious question asked on the board without it going off topic in 3 posts or less. Now things have gone in the opposite direction regarding "censorship" but finding the right middleground has to be tough.

Same thing I mentioned to you Stecz. Nothing offends, just some crap in the wrong place pisses people off. Post what you want but dont ruin good, serious threads with crap.

bajabob38 12-28-2005 10:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I say

Wobble 12-28-2005 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by stecz20
strange, let me ask you this... have you ever seen a chevy or a dodge ambulance... reason for that, cant have our lives in the hands of a chevy or dodges....

Houston FD local station.
This truck has seen 6 + years of Big City service and still going strong. Most of them are GM some Ford. Interesting about the Dodges though. Plenty of Dodge vans, but yet to see truck based ambulance.

Ps,

when are you going to "quit beating around the bush" and speak your mind? :D