Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Floatation classification of "poker run" vests? >

Floatation classification of "poker run" vests?

Notices

Floatation classification of "poker run" vests?

Old 01-31-2002, 06:56 AM
kook

Post Floatation classification of "poker run" vests?

Anyone know what "type" PFD those poker run vests (not the full racing vests) would be classified as (either those from Ben of from Lifeline)? How do they right an unconscious person in the water? Are they basically the same as a typical type 3 PFD when it comes to this, or are they better at keeping your face up out of the water?

One of my considerations for a vest for aggressive pleasure use is how well it rights an unconscious person.... I mean if you should get ejected at speed, there's probably a decent chance you'll black-out, if even only for less than a minute.... If your face is stuck down in the water, that ain't too cool, as far as "keeping your safe" goes.

Old 01-31-2002, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have lifeline jackets that arent full race, real comfortable to wear, and I cant belive how quickly they right you if you dive in and just completely relax. even if you try to go face down they flip you over into a perfect vertical position with feet forward at about a 45 degree angle, head back. They are nice with good pockets, zip up nice, real secure, and you feel much safer with them on, and they work to keep you breathing at a proper angle great! I think most higher end jackets would be comperable. Lets see what others say, mine are getting old, and the colors match my cat not my advantage.
Old 01-31-2002, 10:12 AM
kook

Rob:

Appreciate the feedback, but I'm really interested in the thinner Poker Run style jackets - I would fully expect the race jackets to right you up very well. At $400 or so, too rich for my blood.

Old 01-31-2002, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine were around $100 each, but that was in 95 when I got them. Fully worth the money though.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:33 PM
kook

Angry

Rob:

$100?!!! How'd you step in that chit? What model would they be comparible to, in today's Lifeline product lineup?

I re-read you initial post - sorry, I thought you said you have the ones that ARE the full race.