Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   who stores there boat at home and outside. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119640-who-stores-there-boat-home-outside.html)

10x 01-03-2006 11:42 PM

Re: who stores there boat at home and outside.

Originally Posted by t500hps
6 weeks after I got the boat I couldn't stand it any more......This thing was perfect!

That's great !!! Where'd you find that? How do you keep it from blowing away when it gets real, real, windy?

I'd like to put one of them up in the driveway just to keep the boat under during the summer months. :cool:

aquaforce 01-04-2006 12:08 AM

I keep mine under a King Canopy year round. Makes for a cheap but very functional garage $800. Keeps all rain, snow, ice etc off the boat and I can have good access to work on it anytime.

jordy 01-04-2006 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
what is this "snow" you speak of???

Beat me to it ya bastage. :D

t500hps 01-04-2006 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by 10x
That's great !!! Where'd you find that? How do you keep it from blowing away when it gets real, real, windy?

I'd like to put one of them up in the driveway just to keep the boat under during the summer months. :cool:

The "tent" is 14 x 42 x 15 ft tall and is anchored to the ground with 22 (one on each pole) anchors that are 2-3 ft deep. Found it online for 2K. They come is various quality levels and I upgraded most everything I could. (10 mil "tent" material, galvanized instead on powder coated poles, double doors, vents, etc) I wouldn't consider it very portable for summer only use. It takes about 24 hours of labor to build the frames and anchor them into the ground. I'd hate to try and remove them every fall.

Iggy 01-04-2006 09:59 AM

Mine's parked in the drive. I used to have it in front of the house till a neighbor complained to the county code enforcer.
As far as I know there isn't anyplace local that had indoor space large enough to hold the boat and trailer. Even if I did find one I'm not sure I could afford it. Last I looked a local storage place wanted 120.00 a month for out side storage.

JS232 01-04-2006 10:08 AM

I also use a tent 11' x 35'. It's the way to go...

Strip Poker 388 01-04-2006 10:55 AM

Thats good info for wouldbe theives :eek:

cuda 01-04-2006 11:22 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I store all of mine outside, all with full covers. I don't have to fool with any snow, but I have to blow the leaves off it after a hurricane passes by.

Chris288 01-04-2006 11:55 AM

mines outside in the driveway as we speak, had to go out at 9pm 1am 6am 12noon and 6pm to clean snow off. Years past I have built all kinds of crap to keep the snow off my other boats, this year just procrastinated, it does suck !! gotta come up w/ something, was thinking a 10X20 king canopy from overtons for 199.00..

45sonic 01-04-2006 01:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Mike 35 Fountain
I got tired of paying to shrink wrap .........so I bought a shrink wrap gun
and a roll of shrink wrap and now everything I own gets wrapped.
I do my patio furniture, equipment in my yard that doesn't get used, etc.

We do our own, too.