Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need info from the Lake Norman boaters! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119645-need-info-lake-norman-boaters.html)

Gizmo 01-03-2006 07:46 PM

Need info from the Lake Norman boaters!

I'm going to make the trip to Charlotte to do the Richard Petty driving experience either the first week or the last week in June. Thinking about dragging the boat with me and spend a day or so on the lake. What is your weather like at that time? Would also like to meet up and boat together. I would like info about places to stay, safe enough and big enough for a 32'. Thanks,

Sonny Spectre 30 01-03-2006 07:54 PM

Re: Need info from the Lake Norman boaters!

Jay:

I am from Raleigh and go to Lake Norman regularly in the summer. It is a killer lake. I stay at the Hampton Inn on Exit 28 off HWY I-77. It is in Cornelius. Boat friendly. There is really no where to stay on the water unless you try to rent a house which will be very expensive. The ramp is only 3 miles from the hotel and there are plenty of bars and restraunts nearby. Exit 36 is just a couple of miles up and plenty places to stay on that exit as well as wll as a really nice ramp near HWY 150 Bridge.

The lake is plenty big for your 32 and you can get some good air if you want in the main lake during the day. Plenty to see and do. Here is a link of a website that keeps up with what is happening on the lake.

www.LKNFUN.COM

mikes280 01-03-2006 07:55 PM

weather is great that time of year there is a lot to do on norman also go to carolina powerboat .com that is our local boat club for the charlotte area some of the guys that are up closser to the lake should be able to help youi with a place to stay as i am down at the lake on the south side of town but we ride both lakes so if you come down we can get a group together :D

docmanrich37 01-03-2006 08:10 PM

Did the driving thing and loved it.We stayed at a rental house and was there for 7 days and it rained for 4 days but thats just my luck.I would watch out for a yellow cat down there it's fast.lol Might have to do a Norman trip this year.Rich

Steet 01-03-2006 08:37 PM

Like Sonny said, give us a shout and we can hookup with you and show you the lake. We can give you all the information that you need for hotels, ramps, etc. You can reach us anytime by email or on this website or the club website.
www.carolinapowerboat.com
[email protected]

The fast cat you were referring to is probably Barrys eliminator. Very fast

Gizmo 01-03-2006 08:55 PM

Hey, Thanks for the info. I have been wanting to do the driving deal for several years and my girlfriend gave me the 8 lap deal for Christmas. :D
Are any of you guys coming up to the Chill-out?

Charmed1 01-04-2006 07:26 AM

You will Love Lake Norman, Clean and clear water (used to boat on the Potomac). Congrats on the driving, my brother bought a three lap with a driver for his girlfried and our mom :eek: We will see you at the Chill Out. Planning on coming in Friday night around 8:00 pm.

Audra & Al

Gizmo 01-04-2006 10:00 AM

Thanks, Charmed, We'll see you there.