Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Nice looking 35 Mistress on ebay (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119744-nice-looking-35-mistress-ebay.html)

bouyhunter 01-07-2006 11:50 AM

Re: Nice looking 35 Mistress on ebay

Just met reserve at $28,000

articfriends 01-07-2006 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Just met reserve at $28,000

Yeah,thats my bid,just got off the phone with the owner -HE HAS DECIDED HE WILL NOT ACCEPT THE 30 G BUY IT NOW!! :mad: :mad: We were going to run out to the cape tonight (720 miles) and look at boat tommorrow morning before pulling the trigger if it was in good shape and didn't sell meanwhile BUT after talking to him I realize he has no idea how E-bay is suppossed to work and he undervalued the boat in the ad,he says he is taking offers above 30k now (claims hes at 32K now) and under no circumstances will he take 30k . I could hit buy it now and screw him on the selling fees(E-bay would charge him the % fees on top of the listing fee even if he didn't sell it to me) but I don't want to get in a feedback pissing match. Sure,its a legal binding contract and you could try to force him but I'm not a prick and don't play games,Smitty

FASTTIMES 01-07-2006 01:15 PM

Looks like he pulled the "buy it now" and he's going to have to pay the ebay fee's now as the reserve is met.

otis311 01-07-2006 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by articfriends
Yeah,thats my bid,just got off the phone with the owner -HE HAS DECIDED HE WILL NOT ACCEPT THE 30 G BUY IT NOW!! :mad: :mad: We were going to run out to the cape tonight (720 miles) and look at boat tommorrow morning before pulling the trigger if it was in good shape and didn't sell meanwhile BUT after talking to him I realize he has no idea how E-bay is suppossed to work and he undervalued the boat in the ad,he says he is taking offers above 30k now (claims hes at 32K now) and under no circumstances will he take 30k . I could hit buy it now and screw him on the selling fees(E-bay would charge him the % fees on top of the listing fee even if he didn't sell it to me) but I don't want to get in a feedback pissing match. Sure,its a legal binding contract and you could try to force him but I'm not a prick and don't play games,Smitty

So, Is it Harry Turner thats selling the boats ??

articfriends 01-07-2006 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by otis311
So, Is it Harry Turner thats selling the boats ??

yup,was a nice guy on the phone,just un-educated as to how e-bay works,Smitty

articfriends 01-07-2006 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by tc-outlaw
Looks like he pulled the "buy it now" and he's going to have to pay the ebay fee's now as the reserve is met.

I see that too,He called me this morning about the time I placed my bid and He still had the buy it now but said he was getting side offers etc and wasn't going to let it go for 30k under any circumstances (even if someone hit buy it now) because he has so many people interested in it. At least he pulled the buy it now so he will probably get 35-40 k (more than I can scrounge together in 5 days). Heres the story on boat for everyone interested: He bought it from a customer who got in SERIOUS tax trouble and went to jail. The customer poured 100 plus k in boat in last 5 yaers trying to make it nice. Paid someone to reglass the transom and install some used # 4s a few years ago,paid mrd some big coin for a pair of 725 hp 522 blower motors too. Has only ran it 8 hours since motors went in in 04. Guy went out and roasted the motor thats apart in pics,sent it back to mrd they went back through motor,it has 15 minutes on it. went back out and transmission on that side was slipping and burn't too after 8 hours,maybe from when he overheated the motor. Had exhaust pressure checked while motor was going back in from fixing the tran, it was still good. They think they have the problems worked out NOW but whoever buys it better be prepared to deal with blower motors and possible problems. I could scrape together 30 k in cash but when price goes towards 40k or 50k its not such a great deal,Smitty

bouyhunter 01-07-2006 02:50 PM

I've been watching this one.
Artic - glad you got the scoop on it.

I'd still do it, but like you $30K is one thing, $40K is another.

I was waiting till the auction ran out.
Looks like a helluva boat for the price.