Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Single Engine 1996 Scrab or Twin-Engine 1990 Fountain? >

Single Engine 1996 Scrab or Twin-Engine 1990 Fountain?

Notices
View Poll Results: 1990 Fountain or 1996 Scarab?
Get the Beak Boat
39.24%
Get the newer Scarab
40.51%
Just buy a boat already! :-)
20.25%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Single Engine 1996 Scrab or Twin-Engine 1990 Fountain?

Old 01-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Single Engine 1996 Scrab or Twin-Engine 1990 Fountain?

Wow,
In this case the scarab is the way I would go, that black one is nice, The fountain is cool, especially since it was cash bar's, but you really cannot put a price tag on those days you might miss being in the water due to the project. In my opinion a fountain that is ready to go single or twins, might be a better investment on down the road. but still that is just my opinion, I have seen quite a few guys take a smaller fountain, love it and use it every weekend with out too much repair investment, and still be able to trade up with out losing in the deal. It probably can be done with scarab as well, but I have seen it done with smaller fountains.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

what does the Scarab have in it for power???....... dont snooze, you'll loose .......
Old 01-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kidnova
I believe that Scarab belongs to Emily and her hubby?? I attended a poker run they put on a couple of summers ago on Oneida Lake near Syracuse NY. If it is the same boat, it looked absolutely gorgeous on the water. Hard to believe its that old.

That your Scarab Em??
Yes, Thats our Scarab... We never planned on selling it for another seven years. We put all that hard work and money into it... I am going to cry when is goes down the road!!!
We come upon a deal that we could not refuse. We really have our hands full, but we are having fun and thats all that matters.
We are still holding the poker run's. I'll have to keep intouch.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
The seller sent me some pics... of the boat.

now send them a check back............that is a clean boat
Old 01-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlondFountain
Yes, Thats our Scarab... We never planned on selling it for another seven years. We put all that hard work and money into it... I am going to cry when is goes down the road!!!
We come upon a deal that we could not refuse. We really have our hands full, but we are having fun and thats all that matters.
We are still holding the poker run's. I'll have to keep intouch.
Did you put on the run this past summer on Oneida? We missed it. Probably a good thing, I heard the lake got pretty snotty. Our humble little 23 Nova runs nicely in 1's and 2's at +70 all day long. But it takes a beating in 3's and 4's. We made the "Swamp Run" though. Had a great time.

BTW, I meant what I said. Your Scarab is a very sharp boat. I have a couple of pics of it somewhere from the '04 Oneida run. Took them as we were idling down the channel towards the Water Front.

Chitty timing. We're planning on a bigger boat after this comming season. Wife is even up for a bigger boat.....go figure. What kind of speeds are you seeing with it? And, did you put it in the classifieds over on Speedwake? Might be a few locals that would be interested in it....several CNY members over there.

Bill
Old 01-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Registered

The poker run went great... we had about the same amount of boats. Mother Nature didn't appreciate us. She did give us some pretty big chop to handle. We ended up canceling the last stop and going right to the Waterfront. No body really minded with the 1500 payoff!!!
The Scarab runs mid to upper 60's.
I do have it posted on Speedwake, but I haven't heard anything from any of the locals. Most of them don't know how to run a computer.
I do have someone from Missouri going for financing. I don't think it will be in the building for much longer.
Keep in touch Bill!!

Last edited by BlondFountain; 01-12-2006 at 12:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=BlondFountain]
I do have it posted on Speedwake, but I haven't heard anything from any of the locals. Most of them don't know how to run a computer.QUOTE]

ah, c'mon now ......I can run a computer. Well, kind of ....

Your place is thru the locks and just a couple miles up the channel from Oneida, right? Semi close to Packin Air? Hope to see you on the lake this summer. Just look for the Humble Little Nova...that would us....we'll buy ya a beer

Best of luck with the sale!!

Bill
Old 01-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Registered

A beer sounds GOOD!!! Yes, we live up past the lock.
Do you live in Radison?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Registered

Nope, we live in Pompey..... one horse town south of Syracuse. We keep the Humble Little Nova at Boats-A-Float marina.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:13 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I like Fountains but I would buy that black Scarab if you can afford it. That Scarab is clean!

Quick Reply: Single Engine 1996 Scrab or Twin-Engine 1990 Fountain?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.