What would you do?

Old 01-06-2006, 01:56 PM
RHC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What would you do?

From the Top People---

1st guys qoute was to high

2nd guys qoute was ok,,, however ,, he took it to the 1st guy and farmed out the work

deduction,,, the 1st guy had to do the work cheaper for the 2guy ,, much cheaper ,,, because the 2nd guy had to make a profit ????

clear as Mud,, right ??

RHC
Old 01-06-2006, 02:01 PM
RHC
Registered

Birdog,,, I am really disapointed in you buddy,,,, Maybe ya should step away from the "everclear" for a while!!

Donna,, its OK honey ,,, just a Blonde moment !! I bet Ian understood what I said.

RHC
Old 01-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Registered

Roger has a valid point, before doing anything I would go to the second guy and demand to know know really did the work. Then go from there..you have a few legal routes to go if the suspected poser didnt actually do the work. Personally I wouldnt have the time to deal with it. I hear that Loadmaster Trailer is using my boat in some of their advertizements (of course done without my permission), yes it is kind of aggitating that someone is cashing in on some free advertizement but unless its costing you $$ or a tarnished image of somesort then why waste your time.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go ahead and pursue this thing. Remember what happened to the coffee company that used a picture illegally. The old dude collected millions of dollars in royalties. I think the coffee was 'Tasters Choice'. The old guy got lottery type of rich.

Last edited by satisfactionII; 01-06-2006 at 02:58 PM. Reason: more speeling leesons
Old 01-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Registered

I would punch him right in the neck!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RHC
:
Donna,, its OK honey ,,, just a Blonde moment !! I bet Ian understood what I said. RHC
nah I had to splain it to him .

Guy one would have to be a huge jerk to quote a person over $7,000.00 and then do it for another business for under $3,000.00 Quite Storm should find out though and either way, guy one is not an astute business man
Old 01-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Ooo...ooo...I know. Let's just sink that garbage barge he has in the harbor and all the white trash on board...they play really crappy music anyway...even worse that the country that comes from Kevin's boat! Couple 1/8 holes should do the trick...big enough to do the job, small enough not to be easily seen. Better yet, after the sinking, he can fix his OWN boat and use it in an ad. Damn, logic is cool.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Oh yeah...since I forgot a smiley guy at the end...I was kidding about everything except the music .
Old 01-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Oh yeah...since I forgot a smiley guy at the end...I was kidding about everything except the music .

Old 01-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

OK, guy #1 does not know guy #2. Guy #1 acts like gel coat work is some kind of black magic that only the super natural could understand how difficult it is.

Donna, it took guy #1 a week to work up the estimate and a hour to explain why it was soooo expensive.

Guy #2 listened while I told him what I wanted, asked a few questions and make some suggestions. He then thought for a few minutes and said hows $3300.00 sound. It was a no brainier at that point, just do it.

A couple weeks later guy #2 called me and said that he was finished but to make the job really look good, he would need to buff and wax the bottom of the boat. I asked how much. He said $250.00 Another no brainier, just do it.

I not going to sue, punch or drill holes in the bottom of his boat (Mike, keep your drill in your pants ) but I do intend to let him know that I'm aware of what he is doing and that I don't like it. I'll make sure people at the marina know that he didn't do the work. That vinyl graphic idea is good but I couldn't deal with the name Capt'n Nabber on my boat for long.

To do more than this is a waste of time, money and aggravation.
Thanks for the input

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.