Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What would you do? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119792-what-would-you-do.html)

GLH 01-06-2006 10:35 PM

Re: What would you do?

Tell her you love her and fu@k her.

That is a good answer for most "What should I do?" questions...

You don't even need to bother reading the thread. :D

RHC 01-07-2006 09:20 AM

:D Ok,,, now I am really confused,,, if Guy 1 does not know Guy 2,,, How did the Pic of your boat get taken in front of Guy 1s property, when ,,, Guy 2 had your boat ?? I think that is what you said before,,,, and -------- :drink: ,,, I agree with you ,, it doesnt really matter.. well, maybe to Donna :D :D

RHC

Ms PatriYacht 01-07-2006 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by RHC
:D Ok,,, now I am really confused,,, if Guy 1 does not know Guy 2,,, How did the Pic of your boat get taken in front of Guy 1s property, when ,,, Guy 2 had your boat ?? I think that is what you said before,,,, and -------- :drink: ,,, I agree with you ,, it doesnt really matter.. well, maybe to Donna :D :D
RHC

RHC, you are not going dotty on me are you :p QS took to the boat over there for an estimate. You know it's winter so any boat story sounds riviting at the moment :D :D

Quiet Storm 01-07-2006 09:37 AM

Guy #1 had my boat for a week working on the estimate. The day I went over for the explanation of the quote, he had pulled it out in front of his shop like you see it in the picture before I got there. That's when he took the picture.

When he told me it was going to cost $9700.00, I hooked up and took it away.

I thought it was funny that he had pulled it outside but he explained that everything was easier to see in the sun light. I'm surprised it didn't break the little SUV that he used to move it with.

Roger 1 01-07-2006 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm
OK, guy #1 does not know guy #2. Guy #1 acts like gel coat work is some kind of black magic that only the super natural could understand how difficult it is.

Donna, it took guy #1 a week to work up the estimate and a hour to explain why it was soooo expensive.

Guy #2 listened while I told him what I wanted, asked a few questions and make some suggestions. He then thought for a few minutes and said hows $3300.00 sound. It was a no brainier at that point, just do it.

A couple weeks later guy #2 called me and said that he was finished but to make the job really look good, he would need to buff and wax the bottom of the boat. I asked how much. He said $250.00 :eek: Another no brainier, just do it. :D

I not going to sue, punch or drill holes in the bottom of his boat :rolleyes: (Mike, keep your drill in your pants :D ) but I do intend to let him know that I'm aware of what he is doing and that I don't like it. I'll make sure people at the marina know that he didn't do the work. That vinyl graphic idea is good but I couldn't deal with the name Capt'n Nabber on my boat for long.

To do more than this is a waste of time, money and aggravation.
Thanks for the input :drink:

''I not going to sue, punch or drill holes in the bottom of his boat'' :rolleyes:

I noticed you left out ''groin kick''. :D

RHC 01-07-2006 11:31 AM

AAAAHHhhh ----- that changes everything,,, Please disregard all my previous post!! :D :D :D

Now I see said the blind man!! :D :D

RHC

Quiet Storm 01-19-2006 08:39 PM

I call guy #1 and had to talk to his secretary because he was out in the field hard at work on boats. I asked if she knew about the picture of my boat being in the local newspaper and that it is on their web site. She very proudly answered yes and that she was responsible for setting up the site. She also complimented me for having such a nice looking boat. :D

I thanked her for that but I didn't think it was right to implying that they had worked on it and I wanted them to take the picture off the web site. After a bit of discussion she agreed to remove the picture.

I hope this is the end of the story and glad that I didn't have to sink his boat to get it done. :cool:

Doug 01-19-2006 09:08 PM

Nice job Roger. I thought they would see it your way. I know if I was in your spot I couldn't have left it alone.

99fever27 03-12-2006 01:17 AM

I would punch him right in the neck!!!!!!!!!
:evilb: I prefer the choke slame myself! :evilb: