Notices

Bogus Boatpix billings

Old 01-08-2006, 07:46 PM
BK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Bogus Boatpix billings

Originally Posted by Scott
He told me they had trouble with past employees and record keeping.
Sounds to me like a disgruntled employee may have put the entire customer contact file into "accounts receivable" before he left!

Old 01-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Bogus Boatpix billings

Originally Posted by Playn
Those picture were totally unsolicited correct? I'm no attorney but I have to believe you have NO obligation to do anything unless you signed up for something. Maybe some of our resident experts can chime it but this chit infuriates me. I wouldn't care what it cost to go after people like that. Go after them for damages to your credit report.
I didn't request a thing. Have you ever tried to deal with a credit agency? It's a very long process to have things removed. There are rules they have to abide by, it just takes time.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:12 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I didn't request a thing. Have you ever tried to deal with a credit agency? It's a very long process to have things removed. There are rules they have to abide by, it just takes time.
By disputing the validity of a negative remark to the credit bureau tBoatpix will have to prove the debt is owed, obviously they can't. Try going to the bereau's web site and find the form.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Registered

Has anyone found a resolution with this company? I'm getting calls from a collection agency now about pictures I never requested to have sent to me. I sent Boatpix an email asking for proofs only and gave them my friend's hull regi numbers... months later got $804 worth of useless pictures. I refused them and to this day still getting billed.

To stir the piss even more, Boatpix hired a helicopter flight school that is based at the same airport I fly out of. Their "Professional Photographer" was nothing more than a kid that usually hangs out at Helicopter Services using nothing better than a disposable camera to take pictures. Adding insult to this injury, my friend was going to fly the event for FREE plus any donations the boaters wanted to contribute.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
Has anyone found a resolution with this company? I'm getting calls from a collection agency now about pictures I never requested to have sent to me. I sent Boatpix an email asking for proofs only and gave them my friend's hull regi numbers... months later got $804 worth of useless pictures. I refused them and to this day still getting billed.

To stir the piss even more, Boatpix hired a helicopter flight school that is based at the same airport I fly out of. Their "Professional Photographer" was nothing more than a kid that usually hangs out at Helicopter Services using nothing better than a disposable camera to take pictures. Adding insult to this injury, my friend was going to fly the event for FREE plus any donations the boaters wanted to contribute.
Just fix the heli where it will crash next fight

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

when you send them back you have ten days so send them back priority mail and make someone there sign for them. then u should be in the clear.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron P
Dave, start paying your bills and you won't get notices like that anymore.

You're not the first, click here for more...
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=113790
I still never got it removed from my credit report!!