Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Velocity 1500 lbs less then Fountain??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119908-velocity-1500-lbs-less-then-fountain.html)

Padraig 01-09-2006 04:27 PM

Re: Velocity 1500 lbs less then Fountain???

Originally Posted by beachbob
according to thier websites the Velocity is 1500lbs lighter including motor and drives... It's pretty amazing they can make it that much lighter.. It Is faster then the fountain by the way. (you already knew that :drink: )

Of course Mike knows that. He has been bad mouthing and crying ever since Velocity beat him in F1 racing. :D

By the way, I run my 280 in big water on Lake Erie, Huron and Ontario, it is a 1998 and no problems.

Velocity Tom 01-09-2006 05:33 PM

4 velocitys and no busted hulls! just drives and eng! Feaver Mike what do you run know?

Padraig 01-09-2006 06:59 PM

Sorry Mike, I am getting old and memory is going. That was your Scarab not a Fountain.

mikes280 01-09-2006 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Like I said you guys can dish out all the fountain crap but can't take it when it comes back at ya! WHINNERS! :evilb: So you saying Velocity's do not spin out...hummm...got a video somewhere on the old comupter... Anyway all boats spin out but you can't drive a step V like a non step boat. By the way back in '99-2003 the boats that were spinning the most in F2 were not Fountains.

i was not picking on just fountains i like them and have the most respect for reggie i was there when he set the record the point i am trying to make is all boats can break and a lot has to do with how they a driven but you always seem to bring up the same old crap one boat that was being over driven and broke give it a rest do you have a personal problem with steve stepp if so take it up with him . as for a whinner if i was then everytime someone brought up a ? about a boat that i did not like i would be on here trying to slam them as you do maybe you need to look up the definition of a whinner cause you seem to fit form where i set :(

Panther 01-10-2006 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
I was at Sandy Hook when that Sonic was heading out. It was over 100 degrees that day and humid. It felt like the Amazon jungle. Anyway here comes that Sonic full bore as it always goes and fades into the steamy mist.....Some time later here comes Sea Tow full bore going in the same direction....Later I saw the Sonic, what a disaster! And heard the injury report..I was glad nobody was killed. That had to be some sight!

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Unless there were 14 other boats running with it then it was a different day. This accident happened on our yearly fun run to Kings Piont LI. The run has gotten a lot smaller over the years but back in then there were a lot more boats. If you ever pull that blue tarp off the 36 you should run with us.

The Sonic did make it back on its own power that day. The following year the 35 was gone and a 45 with the identical paint job was on the lift. Now it's a 51 Epoxy OL :D

The fun run

You can come looking for stress cracks on my '96 41 Velocity. If Panther has an honest moment he'll tell you the boat is run hard. It may not be an Apache but twin 550s will push you well into the 80s and it doesn't break drives.

I was gonna say, if you were at the Hook that day, you would have seen an Army about about 20 boats go by..... Some time later would have been 4-6 hrs later.

The accident happen about 75-100 yards off the stern of the boat I was riding in. I still have vivid memories of that day.. :(

Also, I drove the boat and lifted it out of the water the following week and the boat wasn't BROKE...... It was structurally sound but needed some cosmetic touches on the inside from what I saw.

mr_velocity 01-10-2006 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Panther
Also, I drove the boat and lifted it out of the water the following week and the boat wasn't BROKE...... It was structurally sound but needed some cosmetic touches on the inside from what I saw.

Cosmetic touches :D :D

Panther 01-10-2006 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Cosmetic touches :D :D

Broken bulkheads anyone? :D

Comanche3Six 01-10-2006 03:09 PM

I was gonna say, if you were at the Hook that day, you would have seen an Army about about 20 boats go by..... Some time later would have been 4-6 hrs later.

The accident happen about 75-100 yards off the stern of the boat I was riding in. I still have vivid memories of that day.. :(

I must be thinking of another boat, this one had a huge hole in it

Panther 01-10-2006 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
I must be thinking of another boat, this one had a huge hole in it.

Could that have been the old Sonic that had the bottom delaminate? The boat was over at the Cove for a while.

Comanche3Six 01-10-2006 03:19 PM

Could that have been the old Sonic that had the bottom delaminate? The boat was over at the Cove for a while.

That's possible...it was quite a few years back.

How's the Apache running?