Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Velocity 1500 lbs less then Fountain??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/119908-velocity-1500-lbs-less-then-fountain.html)

Panther 01-10-2006 04:08 PM

Re: Velocity 1500 lbs less then Fountain???

Haven't touched it since the first week in October but the last time out it ran really good! Been busy as heck and I just moved to Middletown so I guess we're neighbors now.

Just waiting for spring to come around!

How about you? Motors done?

Comanche3Six 01-10-2006 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Panther
Haven't touched it since the first week in October but the last time out it ran really good! Been busy as heck and I just moved to Middletown so I guess we're neighbors now.

Just waiting for spring to come around!
How about you? Motors done?

An Apache and a Comanche in Middletown!!!!!!!!
That's as good as it gets!
I am going to run the power the boat came with and we shall see how that goes. If it gives me any trouble I will remove the entire drivetrain and start from scratch. In other words I will lose the 2006 season. But, on the other hand when I am finished, I will have a very dependable boat. We shall see.

mr_velocity 01-10-2006 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
An Apache and a Comanche in Middletown!!!!!!!!

Must be cousins, both sitting on trailers :eek: Sorry Panther, couldn't resist :evilb:

mr_velocity 01-10-2006 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
That's possible...it was quite a few years back.

How's the Apache running?

Speaking of years ago, what ever happened to Sked? His shop was the only place I got to see the red boat up close. Haven't seen him in probably 15 years. Think last heard he was building race cars.

velocitypwrbtr 01-10-2006 08:10 PM

Bring it on. Poker Runs, F1 Racing, & still going strong.

Panther 01-10-2006 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Must be cousins, both sitting on trailers :eek: Sorry Panther, couldn't resist :evilb:

It's all good. :drink:

mr_velocity 01-11-2006 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Yeah, for crying out load PEOPLE...IT's ALL GOOD! Now go make fun of Fountain boats, the beak, swim platform, graphics, jewelry and even Reggie. We can take it!
Love ya all!
Mike

We'd love to talk about beaks and jewelry but Velocity doesn't have them. Heck, Steve isn't even doing bad dye jobs on his hair.

Panther and I have been going back and forth on Velocity / Apache for a long time. He is a friend and we'll continue to bash each other even when we're on the boats screaming back and forth or the boats are under wrap. I know it's not fair, you can't compare a Velocity to a slow, Bravo (Imco) Breaking, need to over power relic river bucket like an Apache :D :D

Best thing to do is lighten up, I think the OL guys bash Reggie much harder than Velocity guys do.

Panther 01-11-2006 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
We'd love to talk about beaks and jewelry but Velocity doesn't have them. Heck, Steve isn't even doing bad dye jobs on his hair.

Panther and I have been going back and forth on Velocity / Apache for a long time. He is a friend and we'll continue to bash each other even when we're on the boats screaming back and forth or the boats are under wrap. I know it's not fair, you can't compare a Velocity to a slow, Bravo (Imco) Breaking, need to over power relic river bucket like an Apache :D :D

Best thing to do is lighten up, I think the OL guys bash Reggie much harder than Velocity guys do.

It's cool because the cat is out of the bag, I know your secret. You wish you got an antiquated resin bucket instead! :D :D

They're all just boats, we get different brands for our own reasons... :rolleyes:

VinMan 01-11-2006 12:57 PM

I have to agree on the thin layup. Me and Bodyshots 32 Thoroughbred hull is practically transparent on the sides. The bottom of the hull is pretty solid though.

mr_velocity 01-11-2006 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Panther
It's cool because the cat is out of the bag, I know your secret. You wish you got an antiquated resin bucket instead! :D :D

Yup I wanted to be just like you :eek:

Actually when I was looking at boats it was down to 2, the 36 Resin Bucket and the 41 Velocity. It was a coin toss but considering I can't afford to keep fixing drives nor afford the maintenace on bid power I opted for the velocity. But I still want to be just like you, you're like my river hero :evilb: