Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What's the level of interest of comissioning an oil painting of your boat. >

What's the level of interest of comissioning an oil painting of your boat.

Notices

What's the level of interest of comissioning an oil painting of your boat.

Old 01-08-2006, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Default What's the level of interest of comissioning an oil painting of your boat.

Hi all

I've found an artists that will produce an oil painting of my boat, so I ordered it. The painting will be between 24" x 12" and 36" x 18" . The painting will need to be stretched and framed once it arrives. He is in Europe. The painting with delivery will be less than $300.00 in that size range. It takes a couple of weeks to paint, dry, and ship. I have purchased some abstract art from him, and had one very large custom painting made. He does great work.

He asked me to see if anybody else would like this done.

He would want a picture, and then would like to know if you want the painting done as a photograph, with some artistic freedom, or completely abstract. In other words, he'd like some guidance in style.

What do you think?
Old 01-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: What's the level of interest of comissioning an oil painting of your boat.

i'll take a pass but some folks may be down with it
Old 01-08-2006, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: What's the level of interest of comissioning an oil painting of your boat.

Can you show us some examples of his work?...for what I paid for some boatpix.com helo pics...I'm in....thats a deal!!!!
Old 01-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Registered

I just ordered my boat painting. It will be here in about two weeks. I'll send a pic of it when I get it.

Yes, these original oils are a bargain. Here's a pic of the latest abstract he did for us. We just recieved it Friday. It took about two weeks from the time I asked for it. I unrolled it onto our guest bed. It is 60" by 60". The shiny part that you see is the clear plastic used to protect the painting while rolled up.
Attached Thumbnails What's the level of interest of comissioning an oil painting of your boat.-dsc02140-medium-.jpg  
Old 01-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by waybomb
I just ordered my boat painting. It will be here in about two weeks. I'll send a pic of it when I get it.

Yes, these original oils are a bargain. Here's a pic of the latest abstract he did for us. We just recieved it Friday. It took about two weeks from the time I asked for it. I unrolled it onto our guest bed. It is 60" by 60". The shiny part that you see is the clear plastic used to protect the painting while rolled up.
wat style it taht? look liek an egg to me....hardboiled style
Old 01-08-2006, 02:23 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Looking forward to seeing how your boat comes out.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

soudns like acool idea.....post a pic ofteh finshed product
Old 01-08-2006, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm tempted to do it just so I could shoot a digital pix of it and email it to my soon to be ex wife. That would put her right over the edge.

After all she gave me the ultimatum, her or the boat....

Be nice to show her an original oil painting of Outlaw. I'm LMAO just thinking about it....
Old 01-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 375stinger
wat style it taht? look liek an egg to me....hardboiled style
datz yer brayn on drugz!

He said he'd paint my boat with oil, and it will look like the photograph I sent him. No abstract art of my boat! When I get the painting, I'll post pix of it.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Kenny Youngblood is going to a nice color illustration of mine.His work is incredible! I dont have his website here, but if you google him, you can see his work .He will do a nice caricature of your boat for $175 ish.

Quick Reply: What's the level of interest of comissioning an oil painting of your boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.